Sign in to follow this  
GlockMan

What Have You Killed With A 10mm?

welcome to the most powerful glock club(unmodified that is)

i have a 226 in 357. i would take my g20 or g29 over a sig 226 10mm (if they decide to ever make one) any day. they are pretty soft shooting, my 10mm 1911 has more felt recoil than the glocks

Over the years, I have put down pronghorns and mule deer (injured in collisions with cars and trucks, or shot by guests but not quite dead) with my Glock 20. Some of these were shot at ranges up to about 60 or 70 yards and I never had to shoot anything twice. I have also shot maybe a half dozen feral hogs with it. All of these were shot with CorBon factory ammo, some 180-grain loads, but mostly 135-grain JHPs.

Razor Dobbs is an idiot and gives hunter a bad name by acting like such a jack@$$ all the time. just because Razor Dobbs shot a farm elkover a waterhole with a 10mm doesn't mean it is an ethical or wise choice to hunt with. Sure, it will kill game, but anyhting that that idiot does is good reason to do the exact opposite

• Like 2

The glock 20 is listed under the hunting category of their website...not saying I agree with Razor Dobbs or anyone else,but a 10mm is close to .41 magnum as you can get in a compact gun...some guys think a 357 is plenty...just depends on you quarry I guess....220 grain hard cast seem to work really well....

check out hunting videos,Uncle Ted,Razor Dobbs,many others have shot black bear and even elk out to 100 yards with FULL power loads like underwood,hpr,buffalo bore....corbon just to name a few..its almost a 41 magnum..with 15 rounds capacity in a glock....I carry one always..the most underrated cartridge for woods...

Yep ... real close to the venerable .41, but I'd hesitate to use it on anything but smaller game ... coyotes, javelina, etc. Hard to get an accurate shot at any distance with such a short barrel.

I sometimes hunt with a .357 rifle, so I found this website useful. Here's a link. www.ballisticsbytheinch.com

Just enter your caliber. Size does matter.

I've shot a buncha stuff with a pistol. Deer, bears, lions, turks, pigs, coyotes, bobcats, a badger, coati mundi, foxes, a ringtail, snakes, porky pines, skunks, squirrels, all kindsa stuff. From a .22 to a .44 mag. I have a 8 3/8" model 29 s&w with a scope on it that is a lotta fun. I'm pretty comfortable to 200 yards with a good rest. I'm gonna try pronghorn with it in a couple weeks. If I can make one suggestion tho, I'd get a single action or double/single action or a revolver. Something with a hammer you can cock. more accurate for hunting than a double action only. Lark.

• Like 1

Haven't heard anything from you lately Lark!! Always enjoyed your posts and replies!! Welcome back... if you were even gone!!!

2014 was a good year and and Dan Wesson 10mm would be awesome.

I am looking heavily at the new Ruger 1911 in 10mm and also the Kimber TLE in 10mm. One of the 2 will be my next pistol.