couesmaster

mexico deer hunt

I have heard that there has been some really difficult hunting going on down there. Time to book the Coues sanctuary?

Bob

Any outfitter that is "0-6" in mexico on coues either has: 1. a shot out ranch, 2. bad shots as clients 3. Very high expectations of the clients or 4. Shouldnt be an outfitter because he/she doesnt know how to find deer. I would find it really hard to believe there is anything different in Mexico this year versus the last years that would make it any more difficult to find deer.......Allen........

I know alot of people that hunt mexico and they have all killed bucks this year exept for a few that hold out for bucks that are 110+ or bigger. I know of a few bucks that were over 130" killed to. I would have to agree with coues hunters post above. this out fitter must be on a hunted out ranch or his clients are holding out for a record book class buck. I will be heading down the day after x-mas and I hope to have a story and some pics to share.

i wont say the outfitters name other than he is advertised one this site. its the first year he has hunted this ranch and they told him it has never been hunted i assume that means by a outfitter. on this ranch they saw no bucks a couple of does thats it . its a good thing he has 3 or 4 others to choose from it will be interesting to see how the hunts progress . and this outfitter has been hunting down their for quite a few years .

If he has hunted there for a few years, then he broke one of his own rules and that is to scout the ranch long before he leases it up or buys the tags. He knows this already, but it is too late for him. He needed to scout this ranch and confirm "it hasnt been hunted" before he takes his clients there. Every year there always is alot of ranches that " havent been hunted" that pop up. This is a way for the tags to sell faster and for more money sometimes because people think they will walk on the ranch and kill a monster. It always pays to scout your ranch before the hunt if possible...............Allen.............

Funny thing is that Crazyaboutcoues and I were talking about this yesterday.... There seems to be alot of turnover of leases in Mexico. "Never been hunted" is not always a good thing.. I am pretty sure that the moon has never been hunted but I ain't putting down $4000.00...

I sure wish we new who the outfitter was... Not to sling mud just to get it out there. I also think that just because they advertise on this site that it means they deserve some sort of protection...

J-

Jamaro is exactly right. I think when we use this internet, we need to be aware of how some seemingly innocent comments can cause problems for others. I personally know a few of the advertised outfitters here on this site and they havent been down to Mexico yet with customers so they are worried that this post hurts their reputation. Furthermore, without any details from the customers as to why they didnt kill, we are all guessing that it is the outfitters problems and not the clients. Lets just leave this rest untill we know a little more or we will possibly hurt people we dont intend to...............Allen Taylor..........p.s. I would be happy to interview the clients and the outfitter if you email the names & phone numbers to me at www.environmentalfiltration@msn.com This would clear up the air...................

Please do not bash people or outfitters in this forum. As Allen stated it's far too easy for words to be taken wrong on an internet forum like this. At the same time, if you know of a problem with an outfitter here on this site, you can email me privately so I can verify the information. If I find there is a significant problem with clients not being satisfied when using a sponsor of this site, I will not allow the outfitter to continue advertising here.

I have privately asked Couesmaster to provide me with the name of the outfitter. He is unwilling to do so because he says he does not have all the details and that he thinks he shouldn't have made this post in the first place. He also said that the clients of this outfitter he is referring to "are always satisfied. The only ones that don't get deer are the ones that miss or don't see their outrageous trophy".

Couesmaster, if you find out more details about this issue, you can email me or Allen and we will look into it.

Amanda