I have finally drew an archery elk tag after waiting 18 years.

So my old layered foam target was killed last year. One of the metal bands was cut by a broadhead and well, it just isn't up to the job.

So my question is:
What is everybody shooting?
What target should I get?

I will be shooting Easton FMJ about 270fps I will be shooting both field tips and mechanical broadheads (grave digger)

The internet seems to like the rinehart targets.
Just curious what has worked for you

Guest akaspecials

Rinehart is the best I've found. Mine has 2 years of heavy use (field tips and broadheads) and is still kicking. Price is steep though if you don't shoot much.

Rinehart + your FMJ's are going to pull easy out of those targets. Even look at the color blemish ones there a few dollors cheaper.

+1 for Rinehart.

I have a buddy who's a dealer PM me if you;d like his number.

If the camofire thing does not happen in the next 2 weeks i will get that # from you. Thanks

Rinehart for sure. They pop up on camo fire every now and again

Yes that is my tentative plan. Called them yesterday to make an order and they stated they are gettign a shipment of Rinehart's in next week. :)

I like the block for shooting broadheads prior to the hunt.

Why the block for broadheads?

Rinehart + your FMJ's are going to pull easy out of those targets. Even look at the color blemish ones there a few dollors cheaper.

That is great to hear :)

The more expensive Bass Pro solid targets are made by Rinehart as well. I friend that was working there said when they have them on sale they are a steal.

Just bought a Rinehart Rhinoblock tonight. Shot it with a flashlight. Arrows were difficult to pull and had to use a cheapy arrow puller. I'm sure it'll break in a little but its obvious I have virtually NO chance of shooting through this thing.

Just bought a Rinehart Rhinoblock tonight. Shot it with a flashlight. Arrows were difficult to pull and had to use a cheapy arrow puller. I'm sure it'll break in a little but its obvious I have virtually NO chance of shooting through this thing.

I always get my arrows stuck give this a shot, I got mine on eBay for $10 free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-Venom-Arrow-Release-Fluid/dp/B003WHLYKS

I always get my arrows stuck give this a shot, I got mine on eBay for $10 free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-Venom-Arrow-Release-Fluid/dp/B003WHLYKS

try cooking spray... pam or whatever.

James