Sign in to follow this  
mr.smith

19A open area

I hope I am interpreting it wrong but it sure seems as though the majority of the public land in the unit is not open during the rifle hunt. FR 151/643 pretty much runs along the edge of the forest service boundary and most of the land to the west is on the ranches. Except for the area north of 89A to the river which is PNF. If I am interpreting it right everything south of 169 and east of FR 643 (3/4 of the unit) is not open. That kinda sucks!

You are interpreting it right! There is more land than what it looks like. Go up there and burn thru a few tanks of gas. I was amazed at how much land is open to hunt, that looks as if it is closed.

• Like 2

There is plenty of space there. Especially when you realize the concentrations of Lope in those areas. You are going to smoke a brute. Be excited.

• Like 3

19A is now my neighborhood and I can tell you that there are antelope all over the unit. There are plenty of easy pickings on private land if you get access, but if you are looking to do it on public lands, you'll find yourself surprised at all the places in the juniper/grass hills that contain antelope.

• Like 2