Sign in to follow this  
Verndog

Swarovski 10x42 EL Range

Is anybody using the new Swarovski 10x42 EL Range? I know the glass would be great, but would the combo be justified in their use in the field for both rifle and archery. I know that they are limited to only measuring down to 33 yards, but with the new bows, like my Matthews Z7, my 20 yard POI and 30 yard POI are almost the same. Just wondering what others thoughts are. Thanks ~VH

I am happy with them. The one nice thing I have found was that when I am archery hunting and in close there are times I look through my binos to pick things apart through trees. It is really handy to see its a buck, judge it and range it without having to move. Before I would look, put down my binos pick up my rangefinder and then lower them without being seen. Now its one step.

Anyways thats my .02

Chris

Honestly, I would look at all the big players before settling on Swaros. This review doesn't include Swaros but it does a pretty good job on all the rest of the options.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/11/25/rangefinder-binoculars-reviews-field-tests-ranging-performance-results/

Also, google reviews for Swaro El's and Leica Geovids. Leica's have more options for the number of ballistic memory for different calibers and in the lab it performs faster than the Swaros.

Lastly, check out the warranties for all your options. I believe Sawro has a 2 year warranty on the RF component and Leica has a 5 year warranty on the RF. To me, that is lot of dollars to only get a few hunting seasons out of a pair of binos that conveniently have LRF.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.