frank175

GIANT 150+ buck killed in Sonora

There was a giant 150+ buck with a drop tine killed in Mexico and that was posted in the forum a week or so ago. I yanked it because the outfitter who guided the hunter to that buck doesn't want it posted just yet. They are working on a DVD of that buck and some others and just don't want to promote it just yet. You guys will get to see plenty of it on the DVD. They got some footage during scouting trips and the hunt. Should be great.

Amanda

BTW, who is that handsome devil on the left?!?!?!

If you're referring to this pic...

cid_giraffe_avtar.jpg

That would be my daughter on her second Halloween in a giraffe outfit.

cmc

Yes there was a 152" buck just killed but I don't have permission to discuss it yet!It was scored by an official scorer so it is not a hoax. Saw pic's last week, what a pig! That is a gross non-typical score.

Don't have permission to discuss it yet?!?! WTCrap does that mean? Unless the darn thing was killed illegally what is the problem? Seems as if now-a-days any time a big buck gets killed it's all on the hush hush. If I killed a monster buck I'd be parading it thru town showin that sumbitch off my brutha! What gives? I've seen pics of this deer and I'm almost tempted to post them w/o the guys head in the pic just to show the rack. J/K, I won't do that. But serious, what's the big deal?

I did not get permission to post it from the hunter. I actually received it last week in an email from a friend of mine. Probably has a deal set up with a magazine or something. PM me if you want to see it. David

BLA BLA big secret BLA BLA. Maybe no one will by the DVD if they saw the buck posted on a site before hand. I guess i do not understand why people keep this stuff so secret. I say if no one has permision from a shooter to post the photo of a buck they should not post info about the buck in the first place.

I know I know latley i have acted alot like CHD but i guess i do not understand. I can't wait for a good video to come out like the one I hope some other member of this site is putting together. And when he tells us about a deer shot the photos and part video are there as well.

If the shooter wants it kept a secret do not brag about it to anyone in the first place.

;) Calm down boys... Theres a picture posted on monstermuleys.com under coues deer. Have a look.

I got an email with a different 150 3/8 monster killed in mexico, this morning... Totally different than the one posted on the other site. Its a poor pic or I'd post it on here.

Ron

That buck over on Monstermuleys is a different buck than I am referring to. That 160 buck was posted here but the thread turned into a very ugly name calling fest. So I had to pull that thread. There are only a few rules in this forum. One is to not badmouth anyone in the forum and another is to not post material that you don't have permission to post. Many people are picky about when and how the pictures are posted. So if you don't have permission to post something please don't. If you are not familiar with the posting guidelines of this forum, please read them over by clicking on BOARD GUIDELINES which is shown on the left side of the main forum page directly under the banner of this forum. Or you can click on the link pasted into this topic below.

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...?act=boardrules

Thanks.

Amanda

It wasnt really that big of a deal that the deer got posted. My hunter that killed it is well known in the hunting world and just asked that we keep it on the down low untill the buck had been officialy scored.

I just got the official score yesterday. He grosses 153 1/8. It was killed in Sonora on Dec 31

I have some other pics besides the field pics that really show all of his points and show off the mass. Pics do this buck no justice. I am having a replica done and will have it to show soon.

Sorry to cause such an uproar about not showing pics earlier but like everything on the web it was made into a way bigger deal then it really was.

Heading back to the ranch we killed it on and mabye next week I will have another pic just like it! (yea right)

By the way, the buck was aged at 4 1/2 years old. Guess we should have passed him and shot him when he was 180

Good hunting

Derek

By the way, the buck was aged at 4 1/2 years old. Guess we should have passed him and shot him when he was 180
:P :lol: :P

I saw the buck at the big hunting convention in Salt Lake yesterday, What a freakin gaint!!, The buck was being scored when I saw it. It's one of the most impressive Coues I've ever seen. The buck has got to have almost 20" of mass per side, and about as symetrical as a non-typ could be. Awesome deer.

CouesCrazy (Derrick Taylor) called me last saturday and told me it had 21" of mass per side!!! OUCH!!! He said he didn't understand all the crap going on about it but it's all there for anyone to see. If I can find his number I'll see if he won't mind me posting the couple of pics I have of it.

Josh,

If you get permission to post the pics, do it in another thread. This thread has just gotten all confused. I wasn't referring to a buck killed by Derek's client. I was talking about a different one, which the outfitter has requested that it not be posted. I think the thread that contained the buck from Derek's client got pulled because of all the personal attacks that it started.

Amanda

There is a picture of the buck at Sportsmans Wharehouse in Mesa.

How many different 150- 160 inch bucks are there? This is absurd.

Bob

BTW, who is that handsome devil on the left?!?!?!

If you're referring to this pic...

cid_giraffe_avtar.jpg

That would be my daughter on her second Halloween in a giraffe outfit.

cmc

I was referring to the freakishly handsome devil on the upper lefthand on this post..... ME!!

BobbyO, so far I think theres been 3 nontyps to go over 150" and I just got word of a monster typ buck that may be a contender for the NWR!!!!!!! I can't wait for pics!

Josh,

That is incredible. It would be neat if you or Amanda could get pictures and permission to post all of these bucks and lay them out side by side. Title could be "2007year for deer in the record book." I can't wait to see the pictures myself.

Bob