Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

Dog Training Collars

Looking at getting a two dog training collar system. Not for hunting dogs, but I want something that will last. Had an Innotek for a while, and it was pure junk. Anyone have suggestions? Tri Tronics? Sport Dog? Etc.?????

My dogtra has been nothing but reliable for 3 years. It holds a full charge based on the indicator for several training days before I plug in the dual charging system (one port for remote, one for collar). I have the single package but comes in dual dog as well.

http://www.dogtrastore.com/1900series.html

One of my favorite things about this collar is the vibrate option instead of the warning beep. I trained my dog to "come" on the vibrate button, so when we are off stomping in the woods together scouting for critters or sheds I can get him back to me without making any noise and disturbing the peace.

I have had the dogtra for probably six years and still works. I dont even have to use the remote now. If I put the collars on the dogs behave.

Tri Tronics. Simple, reliable, well built. I've seen my sons fancy GPS system go bonkers. The Tri Tronics system is like the energizer bunny. Even the dog trainer I use, who makes a living with these things, uses a simple Tri tronics system.

I have a dogtra that i got about 7 years ago with my first bird dog.still works great and holds a good charge. but if i bought another i really like those tri-tronics. just be smart using the collar, the dogs can learn fast and become "collar smart". they soon figure out they have to behave with the collar on, and with it off you cant punish them the same as if they have it on.

• Like 1

Yeah ... I have a dog now that is collar smart ... and I didn't misuse that collar either. He's just plain smart!!!!!!! It's frustrating.

• Like 1

I raise hounds, my dad raised hounds as his living for over 35 years, and the only dog shock collar system he would use is Tri-Tronics. I still use them and would never consider putting another brand of shock collar on my dogs.

They are like Tacomas, reliable, durable, and everyone that has one loves it. If your going to spend the money, check out www.dusupply.com, tell them I sent you. They have a shock collar system for every type of working dog owner. They are not a big corporation that is out to sell anything, you tell them what you have, what you need, and what you want, and they will give you the right product and the right price. Great guys there, give them a call (360) 263-6188, you won't be disappointed.

-Nikki Anderson

• Like 1

I run two dogs with a Sport Dog system. I started them out as pups with the collars, so they have never known a time outdoors without them. When they hear the jangle of that buckle they go nuts. They can't wait to get them on because it means we are going on a walk/hike. These dogs hike with them daily to keep in shape. The pair of dogs I run are trained as coyote decoy dogs, so the equipment takes a bit of a beating. Mine have been used daily for three years now and still going strong. I bought Sport Dog simply because I can get a good deal on them. Can't speak about the other brands as I have no extended experience with them.