That's nice too. .its ironic and funny to me how people on coues whitetail.com who discuss hunting coues, pig, bear,etc in Arizona say there's no culture here....that IS a huge part of the our culture!

You guys in both places have great Mexican food.Here in N. Dakota where I have been for 3+ it is terrible. Iv'e tried all over the State and Eastern Montana. There restaraunts are just not like the southwest . Taste like Taco bell crap. And they got Mexicans cooking. Must not be able to get the ingredients here. I feel like flying back home just to get some. We make our own and We are Gringos and its better than theirs. So You Guy appricciate that . One more note AZ. has prettier Desert.................BOB!

I know its a ways, but If you can ever make it down to Rapid City my aunt has the best New Mexican food catering business in the state.
  • Like 1

You guys in both places have great Mexican food.Here in N. Dakota where I have been for 3+ it is terrible. Iv'e tried all over the State and Eastern Montana. There restaraunts are just not like the southwest . Taste like Taco bell crap. And they got Mexicans cooking. Must not be able to get the ingredients here. I feel like flying back home just to get some. We make our own and We are Gringos and its better than theirs. So You Guy appricciate that . One more note AZ. has prettier Desert.................BOB!

I'm with Bob on this one, the food in both is awesome compared to the rest of the world!

• Like 1

I lived in Albuquerque for 4 years and love New Mexico. I've been hunting there for 10 years, deer each year, a few elk hunts and a bunch of turkey hunts. Yes, the food is awesome! I especially like the fact that it's not nearly as crowded and just about everyone waves at you on the road. I'd like to move there when I retire, but family issues prevent it.

• Like 1

You guys almost have me sold. We are taking the family to the ABQ area for 4 days at the end of July to check it out for ourselves. Any suggestions on where to get us some authentic Nee Mexican cuisine? Any must do activities?

I've been looking at a town that's about 20 minutes from our office there named Edgewood. Anyone have any insight on that area? I really like the idea of being out of town and near the mountains but still close to work.

You guys almost have me sold. We are taking the family to the ABQ area for 4 days at the end of July to check it out for ourselves. Any suggestions on where to get us some authentic Nee Mexican cuisine? Any must do activities?

I've been looking at a town that's about 20 minutes from our office there named Edgewood. Anyone have any insight on that area? I really like the idea of being out of town and near the mountains but still close to work.

Riding the tram up Sandia Peak rates up there, drive up to SantaFe and go to old town, must see there is the OLD church with the miracle stairway. If you do nothing else, you GOTTA go to Bandelier National Monument just west of SantaFe. This is a huge Indian ruin area, take the walk up the canyon to the kiva in the cliff. You won't be disappointed. This is the most amazing place I've ever been to.

• Like 2

Make sure you have hotel reservations. We went about that time of year once...the hotels were ALL BOOKER for the fair. We drove 60 miles to SantaFe and still had to stand in line to get a room. :o

Riding the tram up Sandia Peak rates up there, drive up to SantaFe and go to old town, must see there is the OLD church with the miracle stairway. If you do nothing else, you GOTTA go to Bandelier National Monument just west of SantaFe. This is a huge Indian ruin area, take the walk up the canyon to the kiva in the cliff. You won't be disappointed. This is the most amazing place I've ever been to.

For what its worth NM does have more bears, turkeys and elk. We have the edge on quality of bulls but NM has some great ones too. We have more and better coues. Mulies are probably a tie. They have the exotic stuff and "full size" whitetails as has been said before.

Don't get me wrong guy's......I LOVE ARIZONA and all it has to offer (more than New Mexico I think). I still like going over there to hunt/visit when I can (or get a tag).

Az dosent have 5.2 earthquakes like tonight....on a side note I hope no one in nm is hurt!

According to the stuff I've read and the maps I've seen of the seismic activity, the center and most heavily shaken spot in that quake was actually in az. Close to Duncan.

Edgewood, Moriarity, and Xuzax are all similar in terms of climate. A lot of people commute from those areas to ABQ, these areas also get slammed with more snow and often the I-40 gets closed due to weather. Edgewood gets less wind than Moriarity.

It's New Mexico, finding authentic cuisine is pretty easy.

Not sure what your budget is, or where you'll be staying.

The Range Cafe is a local NM chain, original was in Bernalillo, and there are two in Alb, one uptown on Wyoming and the other one mid town on Menaul.

Taco Sal off Menaul and Eubank is place to hit for stuffed sopapillas or you can go to Sadie's on 4th Street, or Los Cuates on Lomas, check out The Frontier on Central if you like cinnamon rolls, or get their Frontier Burrito, or Huevos Rancheros.

Fun for the family in ABQ area is the BioPark and Aquarium, The Tramway is an experience but you can also drive up to the crest (from Edgewood) of the Sandias.

Old Town Plaza has the Rattlesnake Museum and there is also a Natural History Museum and Kid Discovery area close by.

See if you can catch an Isotopes baseball game too.

Plenty to do and see...PM me for more info if you want it.

• Like 1

Went to New Mexico on vacation several years ago. For the most part I loved it! We visited almost the entire state a day at a time. The weird parts were seeing a man dressed like a woman on a date with a man in Santa Fe. A swinger couple trying to proposition my mom at the restaurant on top of Sandias after riding the tram up. And getting in trouble by MP's for taking a coffee can of white sand from the side of the highway. Other than that I kinda like NM.