AGFD News

AGFD news What would you think of a new online club for hunters?

Another horrible idea. It will be ram rodded thru in short order. Cant wait for my tan polyester AZG&F early 80's vintage polo shirt.

I want the limited edition Sean Wagner Game Warden button up long sleeve for elk season.

• Like 4

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ thats all I hear. How can the AZGFD make more money off outdoorsmen.

Giving the tag back for your points is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! If you wont be able to hunt then don't put in. If there is an emergency, them I see this being expectable, however you have to be able to prove its an emergency (death, injury...etc). If anyone can return there tag each year and get there bonus points back, we would have hunters returning there tags with excuses such as: they lost there jobs, or because its a bad drought year, or because the unit is on fire, or because there hunting buddy is not going with them...etc. Though luck, these are all risk everyone has to take when putting in for the draw. There should be no exception now, this is the way it has been since our draw system began in 1990. When you put into the draw it should be final and thats it.

Early access to draw results???????? Thats the funniest joke I've heard this year. The AZGFD has so many issues with the current draw system especially with meeting deadlines, so why not first fix the issues with the current system that is in place.

What happens to the returned tag? Does it get reissued?

That is how Utah does it. Guys get calls a week or even days before a hunt supposedly and are told "Someone gave back their tag, you were next in line, do you want it?"

Keep it simple stupid (kiss)

No online club

You can forfeit your tag w no money back and get your bonus points returned (for any reason!)

Next in line gets option for tag and would have to purchase it at regular price.

Most tags that would get forfeited would be premium tags IMO because they would be concerned about their BPs and not money back. Those tags could EASILY be resold and someone would be estatic to take it I'm sure. Could you imagine getting a phone call late in the game over a premium tag, lots of people would make arrangements and scoop it up. As far as draw results early, that is clearly bogus. What they mean to say is we the people would be forced to wait longer than people who pay. I highly doubt they can pump anything "out early". That's a joke anyway!

and if you were next in line or whatever, what if you got drawn for your second choice do you just give up that tag to get the first choice? or are you out of the line when you get the second choice? cuz that would be messed up.

• Like 1

I think those options should be offered anyway to all the Sportsmen out there. No extra fee required. Like others have pointed out, it would be good for both the hunters and the department if somebody could forfeit their tag back for their bonus points and offer up to somebody else that could use it....plus the Department would make extra money in the process.

Curious. Has anyone else been contacted by G&F because of posts on CWT? I was recently and was a little surprised, but it's all good nonetheless.

Yes! G&F is very vindictive and if you criticize them on here they will come after you. Its a long story, but if you want to hear what happened to me because of posting critical posts about them send me a pm...

They are like the IRS and try and punish those with views different than theirs.

I don't like any of the hunting club ideas put forth so far. No one should be able to buy any kind of priority access. In addition I don't like the turn your tag back in deal either more cause I don't understand how this Would affect the clearing of high bonus point holders if some were to be turning their tags in each year instead of clearing their points. I like that the g and f is trying to think outside the box but I don't like what they came up with here.

They didn't get it from here. I've had in person, email, and phone contact with a couple of them before about various things. They put two and two together. Most of my experiences with G&F have been good ones. Im OK with it although was a little surprised.

But this stuff about the online hunting club...I don't get it. Just doesn't make much sense to me. I've heard it's being bashed pretty good so hopefully it is just an idea and will go no further.

Going to the meeting tonight. Hope some of you can make it.

Javihammer made an informative post on the AZ section of monster muleys. He posted a link to the minutes of prior commission meetings where this issue is discussed. A revealing read.

AZ's permit allocation is about as fair as it can be. Surrendered permits should go to the "next in line" in the original draw, end of story.

Sure would like to know who is driving this proposal, that in itself would be revealing.