AGFD News

AGFD news What would you think of a new online club for hunters?

I definitely like the surrendered tag idea, and out gong to next in line.... but to charge a 'club'fee for that AND early results.... That's where out gets ridiculous for me.

There is a meeting coming up next tuesday July 1st at 6:00 at the Mesa AZGFD office. Sportsmens constituent Group is hosting Scott Lavin who will present the topic. I invite you to attend and ask your questions/express your views. Allen Taylor.

but it states on the site that you can turn in your tag even after you are unsuccessful on the hunt, right??? thats seems unfair

Doesnt work that way. You surrender your tag before the hunt. You cant give your tag back if you were unsuccessful in the hunt and get your points back, what would be the point of giving your tag back after the hunt is over, the tag is not good anymore.

i just interpreted it that way. the point is you could turn your unused tag from an unsuccessful hunt ad get your points back....

I could be in the max point pool for javelina if they did that.

• Like 1

What are the thoughts of the emails that we can send actually having a valid opportunity to be considered in the decision? Who is going to review them and what weight will they have in the decision?

• Like 1

If you turn your tag back in do you lose your point for the year you turned your tag back in? It's a really bad idea if they don't lose the point for that year. Also if a guy puts in with a bunch of points with a couple of his friends and the guy with the bunch of points on the app turns his tag back in, the other guys on the app get to keep their tags while the big point guy loads up an app for the next year and does the same thing over and over. Bad idea

• Like 6

I definitely like the turn your tag back in. I see that there would be some issues to work through that other guys brought up here. I think this service should be provided already not for some special club. I just don't like the idea of splitting sportsman into a group that can afford it and a group that can't for what I think should be a basic service.

• Like 1

A lot of good points have been brought up in this thread and some good questions too. Allen (coueshunter) was fortunate enough to get the first meeting with Scott Lavin from the department regarding their ideas. As Allen stated, the Sportsmen's Constituent Group will meet with Scott at the Mesa AZGFD branch at 6PM next Tuesday, July 1st. Anyone and everyone can attend. I urge those that can make it, to please show and get first hand info from Scott and tell him what sounds good/bad about their proposal. Good opportunity to ask the right questions.

Going to the meeting tonight. Hope some of you can make it.....

...Sure would like to know who is driving this proposal, that in itself would be revealing.

Please give us some insight on what went down tonight if you can.

If there are any unanswered questions, let us know and we can bring them up next Tuesday.

Thanks in advance.

i cant imagine the fee to enter the club being that much.....$10???? im sorry if "im out of it" its just really foreign to me so what do you guys think???

From what I understand, this is just AZGFD trying to make their website and service offerings more user friendly etc. There is no "hidden agenda", there is no monsterous fee increases. There is no "set aside for guides/rich people", just an idea to make individual/customizeable pages for each customers. Hopefully alot of people come to the July 1st meeting. Allen.

A 5 minute call to the dept would answer any questions a person had, but that takes more effort than most are willing to do.

Gentleman let's not bring any common sense or the ability to think like an adult into any of the conversations that have ANYTHING to do with the Dept. It's extremely unfortunate that a large number of individuals that post regularly on this site find it necessary / easier to post uneducated, uninformed, inflammatory half truths or just plain lies in an effort to bash ANYTHING the Dept does. If these individuals took the time to e-mail / call the Dept they just might find answers to their questions, And then god forbid post FACTUAL information !!... Much like a group of school girls these individuals feed off one another and suck the life out of what otherwise is a great site. Dont get me wrong the Dept has it's faults and at times deserves to be called out, But the constant bitching and complaining is getting VERY OLD....

• Like 2

AZelkhunter, great response. I am ashamed of how uninformed we as hunters are sometimes yet how we bitch. I really am curious to see how many people show up next tuesday night for the presentation at the Mesa location. The game department has problems but it also is trying to reach out to us hunters and do stuff that we want. The problem is hardly anybody shows up at meetings to express their thoughts. Thanks for your response. Allen Taylor

I think over all the game and fish has done an exceptional job managing our state for as long as I can remember. I have always enjoyed having the chance on any tag in any unit of harvesting something really special regardless of the species. I commend the department for not going the way Utah and a few other states have gone with regards to all the auction tag numbers being available. Secondly our state might not have the numbers of animals others do but our quality is pretty much second to none. It's hard to find the delicate balance needed for every person to be happy about a particular issue but the g and f has done a great job over all when you really look at things. Our tags in az are the most sought after tags in the world and that should tell everyone something positive. Raising tag prices last year was a necessity in my opinion.

• Like 1