I would like to take a second to thank everyone who took the time to post.

I was not sure how this would do, so the reason I started it the way I did.

Hope to meet some of you out in the field.

If you ever see the GameHauler Truck flag me down (wear your hat so I don't think your the nut that you probably are).If you see my truck parked somewere and I'm not around leave a beer, I'll probable be ready for it by the time I get back.

\Good Hunting and take a kid

Mike

This is a cool thread!!!

I bowhunted hard for years and never killed a thing. Then the day after I shot my first deer, I sat the gut pile and shot my first bear!!! It was unreal.

He was about as small as they come without being dependent on his mother and everyone gave me a hard time about it calling me "Littlebear." But when your starting out with a bow, you need to get a few animals under your belt and build a little confidence. The name just kinda stuck.

Shot him at 20 yards, he ran 15 yards to a big old pine, climbed almost to the top, then pitched out and hit the ground dead.

post-192-1169357207.jpg

I had the great fortune of drawing an Arizona Bull tag. My first bow kill was the elk below. It catapulted me from rookie to Pope and Young and Bowhunting in Arizona record books.

I agree with littlebear, you have to get a few kills under your belt, regardless of the size.

I just happened to be very fortunate.

AzP&Y

Doug

post-898-1169392394_thumb.jpg

my handle is not that hard to figure out. I have a bad habit of using the "F" word, i work hard to control it but...

any way this is the most interesting post that ive read on here thanks guys.

well mine has no meaning any longer and i would love to change it with out messing up my other info on the site. i did not know i had so many posts until the other day.

Well I'm from Tucson, and my name is John. I used to drive tour buses in Glacier park, and my fellow "Jammers" nicknamed me Tucson John, it sort of stuck.

TJ

PS: I live in Tempe now, but my roots are still in Tucson!

Little Bear, my first archery kill was a calf Elk, (she sure LOOKED big when I had my sight on her) so I know what you are talking about. She sure was good eating though!

Well, my name is Mike and my number playing sports in high school was 35. Okay, you can breath now, I know you guys were holding your breath! :lol:

I was born in Springerville, raised in Bowie and Tucson. We move to Idaho after my mother was attacked in our front yard in Tucson. We moved to Idaho in the mid 70's, but I always thought about the hunting I did as a kid in Arizona. We were lucky enough to draw Coues tags in the late 80's and have been lucky on both the draw and harvest ever since. My dad has "COUES" license plate here and everyone asks him about it.

Craig.

After all these posts I've really got to change my handle.

BTW, Littlebear, your boot looks bigger than that bear's head....... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Being a third generation AZ native, I've hunted coues here for along time.

The first forum I signed on to was MM.Com. I was glad to see that Alan (Coueshunter) had picked "Buranut" because that left "Grey Ghost" (what alot of people call coues) for me. But alas, a fine gentleman from Tenn. had already used "Grayghost". Since he was a Civil War buff, I'm assuming he picked it for the Civil War hero, Col. John Mosby, who was known as the "Gray Ghost".

With that, I just made it 'Ghost hunter'. After signing on here, I just used the same name so I wouldn't forget who I am.

I got my name from my Lovely wife! She refers to me as a hunterdude when she is talking to other people about what I like to do for fun. Works for me!

I guess I always wanted a coues that had a rack the size of an elk. :P Really it was due to my two favorite big game animals. I guess if I ever draw a sheep or goat tag and love them, I might have to change it.