Just got home to officially check my results via the computer and 44 BS will be the destination. I can not wait! I also drew Nov. 1st hunt coues with Dad and my Brother.

I will be hunting with a good friend and a high school buddy. I will try to start a topic and post some scouting etc. Glad to hear the support and nice comments!

Just thought I would add a little bit here while waiting on DB Archer! I had an incredable hunt that I will never forget. Even more so, the new people I was able to meet and share a great hunt with. Thank you Travis Scott for your friendship over the many years waiting on this tag. I received a life time of knowledge on this hunt with applicable advice that made this experience beyond my comprehension or belief! I truly appreciate the help.

Swivelhead, Mike Daliy and G&F - thank you! I Muchly appreciated the advice, maps, and resources you all gave.

I am still working on a nice write up and pictures. Here is a bit of a teaser and a ram we did not kill that we dubed the "accident" ram for obvious reasons. It was total accident seeing this ram as we had not found a sheep in 3 trips! From the jeep while loading our cots to head home, he was walking 125 yrds. from a trail we had hiked 2 previous times in 4 days. Randy and I joked it maybe easier to find pink elephants here than all the sheep we have heard about.

post-2255-0-06476600-1419003312_thumb.jpg

We did not shoot this ram.

Here is a picture of the first ram I glassed that wasn't an accident and was found on the following weekend at over 1400 yrds.

post-2255-0-61417400-1419003175_thumb.jpg

Another angle of the same ram above

post-2255-0-83591500-1419004076_thumb.jpg

We did not shoot this ram either.

Much like DB archer experinced - we did not find many sheep early! Through all the scouting weekends sightings only increased as the weather cooled down and available water/forage changed from summer to fall. I will save this for the complete write up a bit little later. To say the least we finished strong.

Thanks again,

Jack

• Like 1

Can't wait to see the results!

Mike is an awesome guy and helped me a ton when I had my tag as well.

Hey Jack......sent you a text last week. What did G&F score that at when you checked it in? I am just curious to know the difference from the field measurement.

Helluva ram!!

Dino

I've heard of a great ram from 44bs been taken. Probably one of the largest taken in in a few decades. I hear he has great length,mass & most of all age. Rumor has it he was 10+ years old. With a declined sheep population in 44bs from years past you should feel very fortunate he survived the last few sheep seasons and especially the last two seasons. I'm sure the past tag holders are scratching their heads about your ram.One thing for sure compared to the last few years it sounds like you made the right choice in trusting Travis Scott to help you. Congrats on what sounds to be a great ram. I can't wait to hear the story and see the pictures.

Hey A BS! Thanks for sharing this experience as well. G&F was a shorter on each horn so they came in 2.0" less than T.S. and R.J. I am waiting on some final edits and then I will get more pictures and a concise account of the story.

azdeserthunter, you are correct. Travis is a great hunter for sure and very knowledgeable about the desert he grew up in. The harvest reports for this unit definitely supports his efforts and knack for finding these rams in recent years. If I am not mistaken this is 3 rams over b&C out of here in 7 yrs. he has been involved with. I will say as "A BS" stated this was a "hellava" ram! The 44BN ram wasn't too shabby either!

AZ Desert Hunter......

there are a few more rams in there that will make you shake your head. Problem is, they are not hanging out on the 10. No disrespect......I am thinking most units have undiscovered sheep that have never been hunted. Each time I take a ride out there & beat the jeep up another dang wash.....it is rewarded with a new "yellow" horned friend.

Hope we all can draw a tag & have these problems.....until then, just gotta watch on the sidelines. Thankful Jack & Trav let me in on their show........