Sign in to follow this  
JLW

RIP little friend!

had to do one of the hardest thing ever in my life.

about 8 months ago my little dog..."MY" first dog, was really sick so we went to the vet... she had pyometra. a bad urinary infection and her uterine walls almost burst. she was close to dying. the doc saved her with some intense surgery and also found a lump. the mass tested positive for cancer, but the doc removed all she could find. she made a quick recovery and was her friendly playful self again. she started to show signs again about 4 weeks ago and we really didn't have the funds to do the treatment they wanted us to do. she was starting to suffer, breathing really heavy and couldn't barely walk. drinking way too much and constantly having to urinate. I took her out for her morning walk and she barely made it on our usual trek around the apts. her back leg would give out and she would sit and rest for a bit. then she was starting to lose her balance. I took her out 1 more time before work and she just stood there for a bit and then fell over on her face. tears started down my face as they are now. I told my wife and we decided to take her so she could be put to rest last thursday. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do!

She was an awesome dog! she wasn't a pedigree, just a mixed breed little pup my wife brought home from work. she loved the outdoors! camping was her favorite thing in the world. she has been from the Grand Canyon to Big Lake and many places in between. she would go on late archery hunts and hang out with Momma. one time I glassed a nice buck and went after it. I got down to the saddle to figure out which route would be best to take. the deer are at 110yds. Next thing I know, my dog is coming down the hill! I scolded her in a whisper and after a couple minutes she went back up the hill. I didn't need help blowing the stock, I do just fine on my own...LOL!

If the squirrels weren't out she would be on lizard watch. lucked out on a few snake encounters... both of us!

she once jumped off my lap out of the truck window to chase a fawn and a doe that crossed in front of us while driving!

from fishing to shed hunting to hangin cameras, she loved it.

So many memories! For 8 years she was my best friend! I'm going to miss her sooo much!

Rest In Peace my little buddy! I Love You! You will always be in my heart and in my memories!

Till we meet again...............

That is the hardest part of having these fantastic creatures in our lives. I'm sorry for your loss.

I hear you and feel your pain. Agonizing job, but she's not in pain anymore. Sorry for your loss man.

I just went through this a couple of months ago. It really is losing a part of your family and of yourself. So sorry you have to go through this.

Very nice tribute! She was an awesome dog and you gave her a great life full of camping and the great outdoors. It's so hard to let our best dog friends go....please don't let the pain of loss keep you from giving another dog a great life. So many dogs are in need of a loving home.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your loss. Remembering all the good times will definitely help with the healing process. Not long ago I went thru the same thing like so many others on here have. Thoughts and prayers to help everyone heal their broken heart.

Thanks for sharing that tribute of your little buddy with us.

TJ

Sorry for your loss. I started tearing up reading your tribute....remembering my last Golden. She went the same way, same age. Sudden case of pyometra (uterus infection). We couldn't afford the surgery and the odds of survival were very low. It was so sudden and heart breaking. Our dog friends often fill a void that our human friends can't. They age much faster than we do...so this heartache is inevitable, but I do it over and over. Couldn't imagine life without a good dog. If it's any consolation, we thought our last Golden could not be topped. Our current Golden has even more personality and character than the last. We still remember the last one, but also have the daily joy the current one gives. She is 9 years old....a few years from now is going to be really tough to handle.

thanks to everyone for all the kind words! it really helps alot!!

James

So sorry James for your loss, losing a best friend is never easy. Hugs, lets stick a deer this year.

Sorry for your loss.