Christian2

12a otc lion tag

Hi I recently bought and otc lion tag for my upcoming 12a doe hunt. I was wondering if anyone has any idea where lions are or hanging out. I will not be using dogs. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

-Christian2

I had a smart as$ remark but I'm tired of doing that lately. Good luck with your deer hunt and I hope you drop a cat! Try looking under the big rock by the ponderosa, I tied one up there a year ago, hope he's still alive? Couldn't help it. Old habits.

• Like 2

Look for tracks good way to start!!!

• Like 1

Go hunting for a deer and have a good time. If you happen to see a lion then great. Otherwise you will be looking for lions and won't get anything. I have been hunting for almost 40 years and have only seen two lions. I always have a lion tag but never expect to get one. Good luck on your deer hunt.

• Like 4

Watch for deer and when the deer get skittish the lions are close... I killed my last lion up there (see my avatar) I know for a fact there are lots of them but they run the canyon bottoms mostly up there.... well that is where I find them anyhow...

• Like 2

Glass for deer, you might find a lion. I was talking to a hunter up there 2 years ago when I got my mulie, and he saw a cat in the next canyon over from where I shot my deer. He saw it the same day I shot my deer. I shot my deer at about 10:30AM, and he said he saw the cat at about 2:00PM, which means I just started packing out my deer....

So you want to glass the canyon bottoms and hope to see one. Congrats on your lion! Thanks for your help

Glass everthing you can but keep the deer as your target. Lions are not rare but they are rarely seen.

• Like 3

AZbowhntr is spot on...focus on your deer hunt. If you happen to see a lion, you've got a tag so it's fair game too. I've never seen a lion in the wild, but I always have a tag in my pocket.

• Like 1