COOSEFAN

The Journey Into Mexico! (start to finish)

Looks like you guys had another great trip, even with the bad weather. Thats terrible that Manny wasn't able to make it, he has been talking about going down there since our hunt last year on the rez. Your dad looks pretty happy in the pics. Starting to get the santa beard goin good. Oh, I almost forgot, great looking deer. Don't take them racks over to Bret yet, I don't want you slowing him down on my elk. :rolleyes: David

man that is awesome thanks for posting that story and pics.I know your dad and Gary from an old job i had. tell them Bryan from webb dist said hi.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm speechless Jim. I'm so happy for you and Pop's and proud to say I work with you. You have a greater passion for this stuff than anyone I've ever known. We had a heck of a year in large part thanks to you. You know how to get it done no matter how tough it gets.

ATTA BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow is all I can say. When you posted you got to 109 inch bucks I couldn't believe it but I really cant believe that you have 2 109 inch bucks that have a ton of character. Glad to see you made it back safe and sound. I will try to book a hunt down there for next January with ya ;)

Great story and awesome pics of some great deer! Really like the way you set your pictures up so well. Those are all amazing deer and while it sounded like a rough hunt, it looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures and stories!

Ron

Those are some NICE bucks Jim. Congrats!

I imagine everyone was well prepared for hunting in the snow. Being a native desert rat, I would be a fish out of water having to hunt in conditions like that. Pretty cool though.

I had 2 questions. Is the left side of your dad's buck scored as a 2 point with a nontypical point coming off from the back of the G2?

Also, on the left antler of your buck, do you measure that nontypical point on the inside of the main beam from the top or the bottom of the antler? Or does it matter?

Just curious. Congrats again. Chris.

Those are some NICE bucks Jim. Congrats!

I imagine everyone was well prepared for hunting in the snow. Being a native desert rat, I would be a fish out of water having to hunt in conditions like that. Pretty cool though.

I had 2 questions. Is the left side of your dad's buck scored as a 2 point with a nontypical point coming off from the back of the G2?

Also, on the left antler of your buck, do you measure that nontypical point on the inside of the main beam from the top or the bottom of the antler? Or does it matter?

Just curious. Congrats again. Chris.

Thanks all for your replies!

Hey Chris, I considered Pops' buck a 3x2 with an abnormal point off the G2 and scored it that way. I then broke the beam in front of that G2 down into 3rds and took the H3 and H4 measurements at those two points along the beam. I felt that was the most fair way to score it, does anyone know if that is wrong? On my buck I measured the extra point along the top...it seemed more fair, didn't give it too much or take away too much either, just semed like the fair way to score it, I would like to know the correct way to score an "inside the spread" point like that though! Anybody know?

Thanks again to all you guys and gals.......I'ts always awesome to come home from a hunt and be able to share the experience with you all, thanks, JIM>

Awesome bucks, super quality! Great pictures, stories, the whole thing. Congrats on a special and memorable trip with your clients and dad, and thanks for sharing/posting all your success. Your posts are always great to see, I can't wait to see what you find next season Jim!

Jason

Congrats to you and Pops Jim! Awesome bucks and as usuall great pictures and story.

Congrats, Jim to you and your Dad. That is quite the pair! Double Pedestal Mount, maybe??? You guys have a great story to go with them! Best father and son hunt I have heard of in a while! 'Goose' sure is a Great guy to hunt with.... and you guys took some Great bucks!!!!

I agree with you on how you scored your buck, but had a question on your Dad's..... I was told that if a split point appeared to share a common base that you bisect that base and take both measurements off of the beam. I can't tell from the picture, but doesn't your Dad's buck kind look like a common base? Not that it matters... :blink: ... He is aToad!!! No matter what! I too have a ton of questions on how to score Non-typ........

Congrats, Again!!!!!!!

Does a 2 point with eye guards get 4 mass measurements? I have historically only scored 3 mass measurements on 2 points. Kind of like a 3 point with no eye guards would only get 3 mass measurements (I think - could be wrong). Does the non typical point coming off the G2 effect whether there are 3 or 4 mass measurements made? Dont know either.

Please dont get me wrong, it is still an incredible buck. Just interesting conversation and always nice to learn things. Chris.

Those are definitely some great bucks. Looks like you guys did well for yourselves. Most will just dream of bucks like that.

Off the subject of your bucks, but I just heard from a reliable source that 3 guys just came back from Mexico with an average score of 127 with the smallest scoring 121. Anyone else heard about this yet??? <_< :wacko: