458 replies to this topic

#1 MULEPACKHUNTER

MULEPACKHUNTER

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • Interests:Cooking

Ok everyone who is brave enough to venture into this new sub forum, here is the challenge, Every Monday starting on the 18th we "WILL" list quickly and briefly our accomplishments for the past week on this post. No excuses allowed only plans to overcome. Remember even if all you could muster was walking the dog around the block that is absolutely better than watching a tv show, it will lift yours and your dogs spirit and raise your heart rate. Good luck.

"My opinions and comments are just that mine and are not to be taken too seriously"
Mike

#2 CouesWhitetail

CouesWhitetail

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,496 posts

sounds like a great idea to help keep people motivated and accountable!

Amanda Moors
Founder of CouesWhitetail.com
if you have a question or comment about this website, feel free to email me amanda@coueswhitetail.com

"Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works."
Hebrews 10:24

Posted Image

#3 ctafoya

ctafoya

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, getting out of the valley

im in

We do not inherit this land from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children

#4 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Well, I think I should be good for my hunt in 23 this year. After helping on my dads Elk hunt last year and having my butt kicked by a mountain I should have had no problems with I decided to make this year about getting back in peak shape.... I set a goal of losing 120 lbs. and Running the Spartan Race ( doing the sprint for the first time out) when it comes late Feb.  2015 ... I have not hit the gym as much yet as I would like, but through changing my ways I am down 74 lbs and well on my way.  Eating right , Daily Push-ups and staying active combined with a few days of gym work is paying off.  

Maybe Coues should get a group going for the Spartan !!! 

http://www.spartan.c.../arizona-sprint

And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

#5 CouesWhitetail

CouesWhitetail

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,496 posts

Well, I think I should be good for my hunt in 23 this year. After helping on my dads Elk hunt last year and having my butt kicked by a mountain I should have had no problems with I decided to make this year about getting back in peak shape.... I set a goal of losing 120 lbs. and Running the Spartan Race ( doing the sprint for the first time out) when it comes late Feb.  2015 ... I have not hit the gym as much yet as I would like, but through changing my ways I am down 74 lbs and well on my way.  Eating right , Daily Push-ups and staying active combined with a few days of gym work is paying off.  

Wow!  Congratulations on already losing 74lbs....that's awesome.  And I like the idea of a CW.com team for the Spartan!  Maybe you could start a different thread about that and see who all is interested?

Amanda Moors
Founder of CouesWhitetail.com
if you have a question or comment about this website, feel free to email me amanda@coueswhitetail.com

"Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works."
Hebrews 10:24

Posted Image

#6 MULEPACKHUNTER

MULEPACKHUNTER

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • Interests:Cooking
I would say yes but is that the race where you get mud in your shoes? I hate that. Congratulations on your hard work paying off. It gets addicting when you start to see gains doesn't it? I love to push and see what I can do next
"My opinions and comments are just that mine and are not to be taken too seriously"
Mike

#7 wardsoutfitters

wardsoutfitters

Advanced Member

• Official Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Great Idea. Here are a few things I have done in the past to loose weight.

Carb Cycling you have no carb days followed by low and moderate carb days.

Intermittent Fasting You fast for 18-20 hours and then consume all your macro nutrients in a 4-6 hour period. Both of these have worked great for me. I would go into detail but its easier if you google it.

Ward's Outfitters
Official Sponsor of CouesWhitetail.com
http://www.wardsoutfitters.com/

#8 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Wow!  Congratulations on already losing 74lbs....that's awesome.  And I like the idea of a CW.com team for the Spartan!  Maybe you could start a different thread about that and see who all is interested?

Thanks ... Not been easy cutting a lot of things out and some harder than others, but started Jan 1st and the goal is 8.5 lbs a month ....  I Was seeing the payoffs in late February  hiking the mountains helping my Bro find some javelina ... My son was there to push me higher , longer, and harder ...  

Hoping to restock up on venison with our Hunt in early Nov. Will make a good addition to my new High Protein eating lifestyle... 

I may just start a thread and see how many may want to join in on that 3 mile obstacle run ! 

As for my eating changes I kind of did the nutritional research and came up with the changes that I could easily do and would work with me , months later I was told about the Paleo/caveman diet .... looking things over it is the closest published diet to what I am doing , though several things do not meet the Paleo rules...  Lots of proteins, good carbs, low sugar ( any used all natural) , no processed food, and gluten free . 

And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

#9 Big Browns

Big Browns

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fly Fishing, Glassing and spending time with my wife and kids.

Sound good to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Healy Arms

Healy Arms

Advanced Member

• Official Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Interests:Guns, ammo, Wildlife Tech Mighty Atom e-callers, and shooting supplies with an emphasis on customer service and excellent pricing. We shop the competition so you don't have to. Our team has shooting experience ranging from law enforcement, tactical & personal defense, to hunting predators, big game, wing shooting, and more.

sales@healyarms.com
    In Arizona - 480.621.5555
    Toll Free - 855.321.GUNS (4867)

I'm in -

Last November I looked in the mirror and decided I'd made enough excuses and told myself enough lies about my eating and my weight.  I needed to lose about 70 to 75 pounds.  As of this morning I am down 38lbs.

I'm all in on this CW check-in idea until my last 35lbs of blubber are history. 

I can't believe I hunted even one stupid day carrying around a 70lb training dummy with me that I couldn't take off.  For God's sake - not counting the one I was already carrying that's TWO extra backpacks with binos, tripod, water and misc stuff. 

Not this year - Let's roll.

Mark Healy

Healy Arms

1809 E Baseline Rd

Tempe, AZ 85283

480-621-5555
http://www.healyarms.com/
Official Sponsor of CouesWhitetail.com

#11 Havasuhunter

Havasuhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery, running, hiking, hockey, boating.
Sounds good. Just worked 13 hours and I'm about to go do a quick 2 mile run. No excuses, hunting season is almost here.

#12 m77

m77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors. Biking (road and mountain), hiking, fishing, snorkeling, photography, collecting (beach glass, sheds and other things you find in the outdoors).

Does Surfing count????  Aloha.

#13 DBArcher

DBArcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
I'm in, I gotta drop 25 by sheep season. I'm also in for a coueswhitetail Spartan race

#14 Edge

Edge

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Hunting, Fishing, Martial Arts and History

I'm in,  Mike

So long as taking the trash out counts towards my aerobics. There are even 6 stair steps involved 

I like to limber up a bit first by clipping my toenails. Don't laugh, those toesies are getting tougher and tougher to reach. Sometimes I can only get one or two nails done before I get dizzy. Don't want to push the envelope too much, early on.

#15 tjhunt2

tjhunt2

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping, viewing wildlife, helping others in their hunting & fishing, and sharing stories and a beer around a camp fire at the end of the day.

Ok I'm in. Maybe it will get me motivated to walk the dog and let someone else help in keeping the bud light employees employed. Good idea MULEPACKHUNTER.  :)

TJ

"JUST WRITE IT DOWN"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users