MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

On 9/4/2018 at 8:58 PM, trphyhntr said:

I've gained 17lbs since June. Steady diet of gyros with fries and paddy melts 

Dirty bulking!!!  At least your eating happy!!!

Ive gained 5lbs in 10 weeks so an average of 0.5lbs a week.  Clean bulking!!  Well at least 75% of the time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

it is bulking season. i had 4 donuts from Bosa's earlier, gains. 

Image result for dirty bulking pic

• Like 2

On 9/10/2018 at 5:31 PM, Zeke-BE said:

Image result for dirty bulking pic

This is how I feel lately...been off the wagon and time to get back to work. Monday check-in for some accountability.

• Like 2

Been away from the forum for quite some time. Not Monday, but here's my story. Made the horrible decision to get into powerlifting about a year ago. Was making some decent strength gains and then decided I needed to gain weight to help my lifting. Long story short, I got up to 250# and my total wasn't getting as impressive as I had hoped. I was talking with my wife about my bucket list, and Barbary sheep in New Mexico is tops on my list. So I applied. Probably won't get drawn, but the OTC option is always a good back-up. Decided last week that I need to ramp up the cardio and dial back on the upper body lifts. Here's the program I am currently on: 

Sunday- 20 rep squat program (It's ridiculous), triceps, shoulders

Monday- Walk/run (Currently doing run for 5 minutes, walk for 10)

Tuesday- deadlift (medium weight, medium reps), biceps, core work

Wednesday- 45 minute hill workout on the treadmill with a 45# weight vest

Thursday- Giant set leg day. 4 exercises with no break for 4 sets. Basically weightlifter cardio

Friday- Brisk walk (14-15 minute mile) in the hills

Saturday-Rest

Haven't weighed in 2 weeks. Also cut way back on the calories and the beer. lol. Hopefully I'll be back where I need to be by fall.

NIce, figured this was dead on here and forgot about it. Who else has been going crazy without the gyms? I have 10 lbs I need to dump from the gut and 10 to add on the old arms, cant wait for the gyms to get back to normal. Legs are mountain ready but the top end isn't picking up chicks lately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice trophy hunter!!!  Good job.  It was probably Keto right?  ;)  Because we both know calories have nothing to do with it :)

Ive been lucky enough I have a rack and gym in my garage.  But Im glad ive been able to make it back to the gym.  Plus ive been working in Flagstaff and Ive been putting in 8-9 miles of walking on the job we are on and then I work out and then Im able to go for another 2-4 mile walk in the nice cooler weather up there.  So Ive lost a few pounds only but my waist has gone down 3/4 of an inch and my strength ever so slightly gone up.  I done the main gains approach.  Just eat at maintenance and do the slow and steady.  I don't like getting fat anymore on bulks.   

i haven't hit weights since my bellybutton turned inside out doing leg curls six years ago. The majority of my time after a 14 hour day is spent in a hotel room. I have a foam roller that i use for squatting my body weight, push ups, crunches, etc. I watch my calorie intake cut back on soda and keep my beer to weekends. I've dropped 18 pounds and it has stayed consistent for a few years now. I do miss the fitness rooms at the hotels because that was my only source of cardio. Next week should be an azz kicker chasing bulls. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

NIce, figured this was dead on here and forgot about it. Who else has been going crazy without the gyms? I have 10 lbs I need to dump from the gut and 10 to add on the old arms, cant wait for the gyms to get back to normal. Legs are mountain ready but the top end isn't picking up chicks lately.

I been doing push ups, pull ups, and squats with the 1 30lb dumbbell that I own. 

2 hours ago, ctafoya said:

i haven't hit weights since my bellybutton turned inside out doing leg curls six years ago. The majority of my time after a 14 hour day is spent in a hotel room. I have a foam roller that i use for squatting my body weight, push ups, crunches, etc. I watch my calorie intake cut back on soda and keep my beer to weekends. I've dropped 18 pounds and it has stayed consistent for a few years now. I do miss the fitness rooms at the hotels because that was my only source of cardio. Next week should be an azz kicker chasing bulls. 

I just been doing intermittent fasting that’s what I’m comfortable with. You been walking or jogging at all? 

On 9/4/2018 at 10:33 PM, wildwoody said:

Dang I figured it out, just stop smoking the good stuff, down 20Lb in a month, and got lots of money to by gear. Oh ya

What you been smokin, meat..herb, poles...what?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I just been doing intermittent fasting that’s what I’m comfortable with. You been walking or jogging at all? 

I walk as much as possible and take the stairs. Right knee has a stretched ACL left has tore up meniscus and each hip has 3 bolts in them. I can't handle any impact at all. If I jump down out of my truck wrong I'm laid up for a few days. I'm taking enough pills with me to open a drug store to get through this hunt. Its going to be brutal but worth it.