MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

Ran 4x last week and then put in some miles in antelope country this weekend. It's a good thing those tags do t come often cause hiking those flats could let a guy forget about conditioning for a hunt.

Stepped on the scale at 210 today, I am a little dehydrated from the weekend but not 7 lbs. so hopefully I can keep up the better habits I have been trying to establish.

• Like 1

Ran only once, but diet pretty good. Back at work on nights. Going to do another 3 miles when I wake up tomorrow afternoon. Push-ups, crunches and whatever else I can squeeze in tonight. I'll probably climb the stairs to the rig flor several times tonight, that'll help.

Stay off the scale especially when you start out. You will be trading fat for muscle and your weight will not change or it may go up. No scale just work hard.

• Like 1

Got in about 12 miles on Saturday and 13 on Sunday on the bike. Going to be tough the next few weeks as we'll be really busy fixing up our house to rent.

Didn't do as much as I'd hope last week but did a couple things. Did some pushups and sit ups one night while watching the news. The next morning, took the dog out early for a walk\jog to the park. Went up and down the hills at the park that really got my heart pumping.

Let's see what I'm able to do this week. Does all the walking count during dove hunting???

My Monday check ins are on Tuesday. 217# this morning, down about 8# from the start of this. No major exercise last week but did drop the beer a few days ago and took a short hike with Mike, ready for the next one. And Mike, it aint a race.

Learned a new term Sunday, the 'Michael Mile.' It's an undetermined distance, unlike statute or nautical miles. Better put, it is however far it is from point A to point B when hiking with Mike..

• Like 1

Nursing what seems to be an inflamed achilles, so have cut back the running but still walking a couple miles a day. It really screams at me on steep climbs like I did this weekend looking for coues. :( Diet okay if I can get a handle on portion control.

Amanda I am glad you are enjoying the Chia Seed Pudding .. there are many variations to how you make it and you can really customize it to your likes... As for the week it was one of those standard gym and daily workouts... scale shows I lost nothing but my belt says my waist shrank as I had to punch another new hole in my shrinking belt .... I did start using Myfitnesspal.com Great site and app to log and track and monitor all your food intake and not just calories, it also allows you to log and track your exercise and the nutritional information for personal recipes.... It is a social format as well so if you need that motivation from other or help it is there...

• Like 1

Amanda I am glad you are enjoying the Chia Seed Pudding .. there are many variations to how you make it and you can really customize it to your likes... As for the week it was one of those standard gym and daily workouts... scale shows I lost nothing but my belt says my waist shrank as I had to punch another new hole in my shrinking belt .... I did start using Myfitnesspal.com Great site and app to log and track and monitor all your food intake and not just calories, it also allows you to log and track your exercise and the nutritional information for personal recipes.... It is a social format as well so if you need that motivation from other or help it is there...

I will check out the website....thanks!

Trading out a serious day of hiking on Friday for my Friday insanity workout, pretty sure it was a toss up as to which is worse cept being out in the woods always beats anything.

Started week 5 of Insanity this week.....recovery week whew.....I needed that....

ya MFP is a must. but I just use the app to count my macros. I got perma banned from the forums there.....

What do you have to do to get a perma ban in the forums ... lol

No change for me this week. Skipped out on my work out friday as i was at the bow range from 10am till 430.