MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

Been almost 4 weeks since on the leangains- fasting diet down 13lbs feel great cant wait to see if it makes a difference in the hills. on week 6 of p90x as well although I modified the upper body days alitte to do some lifting. down to 187 hoping to get around 185 by the end of the summer and just maintain.

Oh man that's great work guys. Took a few days off after last weeks workload but ripped off a 60 lb ruck up mesquite canyon in white tanks today. Still pretty hot but doable.

Bike and swim planned for tomorrow.

• Like 1

The tanks are no joke I wanto start hiking on the mountain soon get up in the elevation and find me a cooler spot to put in some solid work.

I think I'm trying to out do Mark, haha.

Put in a good lake swim Wednesday night followed by a 3 mile or so trail run.

Took Thursday off then there was Friday.

Worked Friday then hit the Y for 30 min laps swim the hit the tanks again with 70 lb pack. Mesquite canyon 1.4 mile up hill out and back.

• Like 2

Monday made my 3.2 mile loop at 5pm ouch, one bottle of water for my head and one for my mouth. Started with my shirt wet and a cool neck gator.

Today swam 30 min then hit white tanks for mesquite canyon with the pack on, had to turn around early this trip, just too hot in the sun.

Tomorrow morning headed for the high country for a hike in fly fishing trip.

Hard work is paying off with loose pants.

• Like 1

Well...

I unapologetically took 12 days off from the workout routine. My buddies all checked out for vacations and I just checked out - slept in every day. Went back to it 3 days ago this past Friday and surprisingly didn't notice much a loss of cardio. Went back Saturday for an incline hike at a gym and then hiked South Mountain on Sunday afternoon/evening (it was hot but not humid - not bad hiking weather really and the park was 99% empty). I'll get back to lifting tomorrow.

Archery Elk is 12 weeks out - I don't have a tag for that but I have an invite. Don't need to be slackin' now.

I think I'm trying to out do Mark, haha.

Put in a good lake swim Wednesday night followed by a 3 mile or so trail run.

Took Thursday off then there was Friday.

Worked Friday then hit the Y for 30 min laps swim the hit the tanks again with 70 lb pack. Mesquite canyon 1.4 mile up hill out and back.

This post is a reminder - I need to swim more. Laps are killer cardio and it works everything.

• Like 1

cardio-a-holic this past 2 weeks - miles, elevation, trails, stairs. For whatever reason that's what's motivating. For now.

Man I was on the same kick this week. Pretty much just ran, Super rough day Sunday, got in the truck after work and did the tired sore don't want to stop deal, actually drove past the turn to the white tanks and was reserved to going home. Had to argue for a minute but managed to backtrack and hit the hills for a run.

rode my bike from Carrizozo to Ruidoso. It was an uphill battle. beautiful country up there. it's caught my eye, and with arizona getting so crowded now days, new mexico is looking pretty good.

i wonder if i could make a living over there. we saw tons of muleys, elk, and antelope on the trip.

• Like 1

Good week for me, managed to work the mules as well as my self , Monday ran my new loop with hill at white tanks, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday ran hills and elk trails up north. Good swim bike run Friday and topped it off Sunday with good run in the white tanks again. Monday was 9 hour sleep day and now headed back to the tanks for a run before dinner out. Hope I can repeat last week, headed for Prescott tomorrow for some steep climbs with weight before dinner with family.

• Like 1

Finally back in gear...made some significant nutritional changes and back to exercising regularly. Currently in week 3 of one of the DVD programs like P90X. No real hunt prep until Dec so plenty of time...will see what happens.

Tis the season in az for workouts !!!!

How is it going keeping up on fitness?

Making some big moves with my plan lately, more run miles and dropping some carbs over the next few weeks.

Big changes,

I dropped down to black coffe only no add ins.

Dropped the whiskey over a month back (ouch)

Dropped as much sugar as possible

Goal is to lean out, drop some fat and add some muscle over the next few months.

big goal is to do push ups, sit ups, pull ups, power cleans, and run every day but Saturday and Sunday and slowly add in bike miles. Still swimming one day a week as well.

Biggest goal (or mistake !!!!) is signed up for 60k trail race.

Goal time is 6 hours flat

Plan is scheduled out by day until mid February , if I can hit my marks its all mental from there.

Hope I make it and hope everyone hits there marks as well

7 days of hunting last week but took my gym bag with me, made 3 days of runs and we hiked every day of course, I loaded my pack heavy while I was with pops going slow. Dropped some weight for sure, had to put a belt on my work pants this morning. Gym bags in the truck with a head lamp for the white tanks tonight.