• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#466 Zeke-BE

Zeke-BE

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • Interests:A lot of everything. I'm a mile wide and a inch deep, but hunting has been the only thing that is consistent in my life.

I never once looked at this thread!!  This summer I finally got real disgusted with myself at my peak 210lbs. (13 years ago I was married at 175lbs)  Tired of looking out of shape while my wife has been working out for years looking hotter and hotter, people probably look at me and say had did he married her ha ha ha!    This started Oct 2 2017 (at this point im sick and tired of being this way and went ba!!s out) Started off on a strict diet and low calories, well that lasted for 6 days until I bumped it up to 1600 calories and I only eat 30 % protein, 30% healthy fats, and 40% carbs.  During that first week I lost 11 lbs, started eating the newer diet and Mon, Wed, and Fri I hit the gym and focus on weights.  I do cardio everyday except Sundays and they are always mixed up from 20 mile flat surface Mt biking, jogging (rarely), sprinting, basketball for 1-1/2 hrs on saturdays.  I used to drink 32 oz of Mt Dew in the morning , one for lunch, on the way home and one for dinner!!  It was bad.  I haven't had a soda since Oct 2nd.  Ive really been enjoying Sparkling Ice carbonated sugar less soda.  (it taste really good and Im a picky soda drinker). 

My results are now 21 lbs lighter at 189lbs and Ive gained 2 pounds of muscle.  Im going to keep going until I hit 10-12 % body fat.  I started at 32%.  I haven't been on the forum lately because I've been watching hundreds of Youtube vids of weight lost and weight lifting, so Im glad Ive found this to keep it up with my Coues Bros.       

• Tac likes this

#467 MULEPACKHUNTER

MULEPACKHUNTER

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, fitness, gunsmithing, reloading, custom rod building, fly fishing, archery hunting, packing mules and horses.
Nice work man keep at it.
"My opinions and comments are just that mine and are not to be taken too seriously"
Mike

#468 MULEPACKHUNTER

MULEPACKHUNTER

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, fitness, gunsmithing, reloading, custom rod building, fly fishing, archery hunting, packing mules and horses.
Hybrid workout today, snuck into a buddy's unit, backpack in about 9 miles with a 1.5 detour. Dropped packs and gear for this weeks hunt, jogged and hiked 10 miles out to truck and made it to sushi dinner date back in town by 8pm. Good fing day
"My opinions and comments are just that mine and are not to be taken too seriously"
Mike

#469 MULEPACKHUNTER

MULEPACKHUNTER

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts
Dragged myself through the white tanks today for 12.5 miler. Did the toughest loop to date and it kicked my but. Knee is a little tender as well, hope I didn't over do it. Body weight lifts tomorrow minus legs so they can recover. With all the recent hunts and scouting even eating pretty good I am losing belt holes!!!!
Mike

#470 Zeke-BE

Zeke-BE

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • Interests:A lot of everything. I'm a mile wide and a inch deep, but hunting has been the only thing that is consistent in my life.

I just kept to my high nutrition diet, gym, and cardio!  Lost another couple of pounds and another 1/2" around the waist.  I probably only did about 5 miles pack in on my whitetail hunt last week.  This was an easy hike because this is the first time I was in good shape to backpack in. 

#471 MULEPACKHUNTER

MULEPACKHUNTER

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts
I hear you man, even after some crazy mileage hunting this weekend on the way out 10 miles I felt like a kid, we just blew through the climbs and rocked out a 3.4 mile an hour avrg. I was super light though with the mules hauling the weight. But the main thing is it's nice to be ready and not hurting and suffering through hikes.
Mike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users