MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

I never once looked at this thread!! This summer I finally got real disgusted with myself at my peak 210lbs. (13 years ago I was married at 175lbs) Tired of looking out of shape while my wife has been working out for years looking hotter and hotter, people probably look at me and say had did he married her ha ha ha! This started Oct 2 2017 (at this point im sick and tired of being this way and went ba!!s out) Started off on a strict diet and low calories, well that lasted for 6 days until I bumped it up to 1600 calories and I only eat 30 % protein, 30% healthy fats, and 40% carbs. During that first week I lost 11 lbs, started eating the newer diet and Mon, Wed, and Fri I hit the gym and focus on weights. I do cardio everyday except Sundays and they are always mixed up from 20 mile flat surface Mt biking, jogging (rarely), sprinting, basketball for 1-1/2 hrs on saturdays. I used to drink 32 oz of Mt Dew in the morning , one for lunch, on the way home and one for dinner!! It was bad. I haven't had a soda since Oct 2nd. Ive really been enjoying Sparkling Ice carbonated sugar less soda. (it taste really good and Im a picky soda drinker).

My results are now 21 lbs lighter at 189lbs and Ive gained 2 pounds of muscle. Im going to keep going until I hit 10-12 % body fat. I started at 32%. I haven't been on the forum lately because I've been watching hundreds of Youtube vids of weight lost and weight lifting, so Im glad Ive found this to keep it up with my Coues Bros.

• Like 1

Hybrid workout today, snuck into a buddy's unit, backpack in about 9 miles with a 1.5 detour. Dropped packs and gear for this weeks hunt, jogged and hiked 10 miles out to truck and made it to sushi dinner date back in town by 8pm. Good fing day

Dragged myself through the white tanks today for 12.5 miler. Did the toughest loop to date and it kicked my but. Knee is a little tender as well, hope I didn't over do it. Body weight lifts tomorrow minus legs so they can recover. With all the recent hunts and scouting even eating pretty good I am losing belt holes!!!!

• Like 1

I just kept to my high nutrition diet, gym, and cardio! Lost another couple of pounds and another 1/2" around the waist. I probably only did about 5 miles pack in on my whitetail hunt last week. This was an easy hike because this is the first time I was in good shape to backpack in.

I hear you man, even after some crazy mileage hunting this weekend on the way out 10 miles I felt like a kid, we just blew through the climbs and rocked out a 3.4 mile an hour avrg. I was super light though with the mules hauling the weight. But the main thing is it's nice to be ready and not hurting and suffering through hikes.

• Like 1

Zeke BE, that mtn dew was killing a friend of mine, and once he quit, he had very similar results. Good job.

BTW, don't buy too many new jeans until you find out the weight you will settle at. I learned the hard way.

Zeke BE, that mtn dew was killing a friend of mine, and once he quit, he had very similar results. Good job.

BTW, don't buy too many new jeans until you find out the weight you will settle at. I learned the hard way.

Its a good problem to have!!! I've dropped 30 lbs total now and my body fat is at 17% from 32%. Now most of the heavy fat is gone, so my body is now grinding out the weight about .5lbs to 1 lbs a week. So slow and steady now until I hit 10%. But yeah I still do miss my Mt Dew though, it will probably take a good few years im sure to completely loose my old cravings.

Ground out an 8 miler Monday, had a lot of funny pains in the legs I had to push through but everything smoothed out by the end. Hard to tell sometimes between injury pain and fatigue pain.

Back to the tanks in the am before heading north

• Like 1

ZekeBE, you will probably like the lower bodyfat. 10% bodyfat,or so, gives the day an entirely different feel than other levels. My younger brother had a heart attack, at age 44, and the issue of cardiovascular disease runs in my family. I am motivated by that aspect alone to stay lean. But the overall feeling is generally good.

• Like 1

So what do you do when your on a schedule for fitness and your off hunting a lot?

With my buddies tags we hiked some big miles so not a big issues there, I also left him in the stand a few days and hiked into new country to scout thus getting some miles in.

Another thing was I elected to carry some of his gear to add weight.

So on my pops hunt we hiked some but super slow and not far or into canyons as I would normally. I carried his and my sons gear along with stuffing a 25 lb weight in where my bladder would go. I made it out 2 afternoons for a run as well.

Back home now and ready for a big run tonight. White tanks after hitting cabelas for a meat grinder and sausage stuffer. Haha

I fed the heck out of my boys and they both lost weight, dad lost 5 lbs and says his daily walk is too easy now.

• Like 1

Funny thing I had that dang 25 lb weight on me when dad dropped his elk!!! Last load I felt silly hauling meat and that weight. Haha

Went to the gym to drop some Holiday weight as the Arizona Trail near Picketpost Mtn was great country, and I am getting back into "wilderness shape" but at my age, the wine and cookies hang on.

Going to do that trail over a decade or so, and my calves are feeling it .

Thanks for the reminder turbo, New Years resolution not working out so far, getting some pull ups in but no push or sit ups. Still running well and leaning out. Off for a hike at the lake today with a picnic surprise in my pack for the wife. Oh and the 25 lb weight is still in there too.

Thanks for the reminder turbo, New Years resolution not working out so far, getting some pull ups in but no push or sit ups. Still running well and leaning out. Off for a hike at the lake today with a picnic surprise in my pack for the wife. Oh and the 25 lb weight is still in there too.

Speaking of pull ups. I started really hitting pull ups 4 weeks ago. I could barley do 1 pull up. Mind to muscle activity for my lats struggled. Today I did 4 reps, 3 reps, 3 reps, 3 reps. So moving along for 2018

• Like 2