6ANut

You are what you eat

Let me be the 100th to say I love the new forum section. Little back ground, I am by no means a expert when it comes to lifting weights but I played baseball for five years in college and worked out with many different ideas, methods etc of how to get Jacked from a variety of strength coaches. Three things I have translated into hunting shape are:

1 It is a passion just like hunting. If you are not into it you won't do it, period. Now I am not saying you need to be a gym rat but while you are watching sportscenter during commercials bust out a few sets of abs or push up, Take the dog for a walk, calf raises in the shower, wear your hunting backpack around your house, fill some milk jugs with water and do some curls, get a nice run in etc... You need to be sore the next day or you are not doing enough reps or running long enough. Seems like the hardest part of getting into shape is starting. Start small and work towards your real main goal, hauling the animal you harvested off the mountain on your last day of the hunt, with the same energy as you had day one.

2 You are what u eat.... A simple change in diet is all it takes. Take a look at what you eat for a few days find what give you the most fat/ calories and change it. For most of us guys it is beer and fried food or fast food with lots of extras like starches loaded with butter/ sour cream/ or everyone's favorite bacon. When it comes to a diet, fast food is a gun grabbing democrat, stay away.

3. Stretching/ yoga. It's not getting any easier putting those shoes on. If you can do yoga, do it. It will give you added flexibility mixed with a slight workout and usually you have about 10 plus girls in yoga pants to keep you motivated. Stretching daily is a must, I have bad lower back issues but stretching in the am/pm keeps me flexible and less bad back days.

I have a bunch of old stretching or small weight workouts from baseball I can send in an email and willing to answer any or all questions but google answers all.

• Like 3

Pretty good advice,especially working in small workouts throughout your normal day.you'd be surprised the difference just that and healthy diet will do. The one thing I would add is that you absolutely should not judge whether a workout is effective or not based on if you get sore the next day.soreness could very easily be a sign of injury or poor form.if you are new to working out,you will get sore,but for example I get in 4 good ,hard , effective workouts a week and rarely get sore,and if I do its normally cuz I tweaked something.resistance to soreness is a result of my body being built up over time,and proper nutrition.

• Like 1

Well put DIY, I just take for granted I was taught how to do it correctly. I was just forced to do it all to the max and when I worked out we would mix up arms and back one day, legs another, biceps and tri another.

• Like 1

This "Red Eyed" morning I am a bag of little chocolate donuts and a red bull. ...Tomorrow---->

Ha I'm a nachos with jalapeños with chili right now! Even worse it's the convenience store process nachos, taste good but ugh I'm feeling it now

• Like 2