Sign in to follow this  
FB67

New Stock For my .308

This new stock just came in from Boyd's haven't bedded it yet but will shoot a few rounds this weekend for fun. I attached a pick of what it can do with the Houge overmold stock that was on it before. Hope it keeps performing the same way.

post-10684-0-16985800-1408159580_thumb.jpg

post-10684-0-12215000-1408159594_thumb.jpg

Awesome looking set-up there! Can't beat the r700's! What scope do you have on that bad cookie? Nice shotgroup too!

Awesome looking set-up there! Can't beat the r700's! What scope do you have on that bad cookie? Nice shotgroup too!

It is a Vortex Viper 4X16 for the money I think this is one of the best scopes out there.

With that group I never would have messed with it.

More D

• Like 2

With that group I never would have messed with it.

More D

I was thinking the same thing and put off changing it out just for that reason I have disassembled the gun numerous times and it always has shot spot on when I reassembled it . If it doesn't like the stock then back to the old one.

That's an awesome group! Gun looks great in that stock too. What powder are you using if you don't mind me asking?

That's an awesome group! Gun looks great in that stock too. What powder are you using if you don't mind me asking?

100 Yards

175 Grain Sierra Match Kings

43 Grains of Vhitivori N 140.

OAL 2.835

Lapua Brass

Win Primer

Shot from bench no wind to speak of.

Thanks! I'm trying to work up a load for my step dads .308. I'll have to look for some of that powder! Nice shooting.

Are you using the matchking for hunting?

I have shot feral hogs with the match kings with good results. I would not hesitate to use them hunting maybe not on a brown bear or a moose,but I would use them on elk or deer without hesitation. I know it is not recommended but there are lot of guys using them with great results. Luckily Sptizer shoot under a inch out of this rifle also so I could go that route if I needed to.

I wasn't going to lecture you. I used to use matchkings on whitetails out of my .300 Win mag because they shot 1/2MOA. I did find them explosive and would only recommend them for clean broadside chest shots at the speed and RPM the 1 in 10 twist .300 gave them. How did they do on the hogs at .308 velocities?

I wasn't going to lecture you. I used to use matchkings on whitetails out of my .300 Win mag because they shot 1/2MOA. I did find them explosive and would only recommend them for clean broadside chest shots at the speed and RPM the 1 in 10 twist .300 gave them. How did they do on the hogs at .308 velocities?

Shot two hogs both over 200 pounds and the bullet did fragment a bit but dropped them in their tracks. The range was right at 100 yards.

Velocity with a 20 inch barrel just over 2500 fps