Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Fitness Event for a Cause

Hi CWT Community-

One month from tomorrow we will be holding our annual Easton's Legacy Toy Drive. Each September my wife Kursty and I lead a memorial toy drive campaign to benefit the children of PCH. Our effort began a little over 6 years ago when we lost our little boy Easton to his battle with primitive neuroectodermal tumors (pnet, pronounced peanut). Our yearly memorial toy drive, occurring in conjunction with his birthday and in his name, is our way to celebrate his life and remember him. Easton’s Legacy Toy Drive initially began small with close friends and family participating. However, over the past few years it has grown to include many other groups and organizations in our community.

For the past two years we have joined up with Derrick and Rochelle Spitzer, the owners of CrossFit Incite to host a memorial fitness event in conjunction with the toy drive. We invite the community and neighboring CrossFit gyms across the Phoenix valley to join us for our workout event and competition. For admission into the event we ask for the donation of a new unopened toy, which will be given to a cancer patient at PCH. This fitness workout is for everyone and does not require any CrossFit experience or level of fitness. Many trained coaches will be on hand to help anyone in need of assistance. For anyone who has ever wondered what CrossFit is like, this would be a great opportunity to give it a try with many individuals who are new to the experience. This is a community charity event, not a recruiting event!

This years event will be bigger and better than ever. We are for the first time an officially sponsored event by the Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation. With this status we have been able to solicit donations for raffle and door prizes as well as online auctions. We have, and are still receiving, several thousand dollars worth of items we will be auctioning and raffling off at, and in the days leading up to, the event on September 20th. Just to give an idea, one of the online auction items will be an archery packaging including, but may not be limited to, a Diamond Infinite Edge bow package and a Scott Wolverine release. 100% of the proceeds will go to purchasing toys or providing relief to the children's families in the way of pharmacy gift cards, gas cards, etc.

I won't go into all of the details here but invite you all to visit our event page for additional details.

http://eastonslegacy.blogspot.com/

You can also follow our event on Facebook by doing a search for 7th Annual Easton's Legacy Toy Drive. We had a few CWT members join us last year and would love to see even more this year! You are also welcome to share this information with anyone interested.

Lastly, we would love participation in any shape or form. Join us at the event, donate to the cause in the form of toys, items for auctioning and raffles, financial contributions, etc. We are open to just about anything. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or send us an email at the address listed on our page.

Thank you!

post-6408-0-50525500-1408491589.jpg

post-6408-0-45309000-1408491603.jpg

• Like 2

I am not into Crossfit, but I am touched by the story of Easton, and the project you and your wife have created in his memory. I would like to make a cash donation. Please post details where donations can be made. I also encourage other members to donate.

• Like 2

Thank you Pine Donkey! There will be auctions and raffles that you do not need to be present to win. Keep an eye on our pages for details. Also, the Waffle Crush truck will be at the event selling waffles and donating a portion of all sales. If exercise isn't someone's thing, just come by and buy a waffle. They are awesome!

Anyone interested can send financial donations via a PayPal account set up for the event. Just log into your PayPal account and select the send money to friends and family option. The account name to send it to is:

eastonslegacy@gmail.com

We would also love it if you left a note or comments with your donation so we know where the money came from and to track the purpose of your donation (raffle, auction, straight donation, etc.)

THANKS!

I'm not sure if I can make it to the event, but I will be donating a toy to the cause. Sorry for your loss!

Adam