Sign in to follow this  
cohofishing

Delorme InReach SE

Can't find the topic I started about sat phones. Taking Amanda's advice, I went and bought the Delorme InReach SE. I think it is great. It will work perfect for my Colorado hunt. I like the pre set messages and the fact that the person you send the message to can click on the link and see your location at the time of the message. It took a little time to set up and to be honest, I have not used any of the alternatives, but it gives my wife peace of mind that I should be able to get help if I need it. Been hunting solo for years but for some reason this hunt is making her a little nervous.

Bought it at Gander Mountain, and with the $50 rebate, it cost $250. $25 a year to keep activated and $15 a month for the service I choose. You can pay for the months that you need to use it.

On a different note, I bought new maps for my GPS from www.huntgpsmaps.com. OnXmaps. I bought the four state micro sd that covers Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado. It does a great job of land ownership, game units, and trails plus topos. It works with the garmin basecamp on your home computer, also.

Brent

• Like 1

yeah, I am happy with my Delorme InReach SE.....we use it alot for work. And I will be able to use it for hunts too. Glad you like yours!

We did have one unit stop working (arrow down button stopped working) and they replaced it free. Then the replacement stopped connecting to satellites for some reason and they replaced that one free. The new replacement seems to be working fine and my other unit has never had any troubles, so overall I am happy. There are several deep canyons where it can't connect, but other than that, it works great!

Awesome good to know this. I have been kicking around the idea of getting one for like 2 years now. I was first looking at the SPOT but then looked at the inreach and the inreach looks a lot better.

Amanda or anyone who uses this device,

I was looking at a Sat Phone or the inReach you discussed in one of your posts. Can you tell me if you have tried it on your trips to Mexico?

I have a hunt this month with Temo and I am taking my father this time. I would like to give my wife and mom an update a couple of times a day that everything is ok or let them see our location on their laptops.

Any tricks or tips to setting everything up correctly?

Amanda, your PM's are full, I am sure you are busy over the Holidays.