my brother shot a bear today at 430. followed the blood till it got dark for about 1/2 a mile. he will be going back up tomorrow morning (sunday) and needs help looking for it. Oneshot are you available? i know this is late notice. its in unit 34A any one with dogs that will be awesome. there is a lot of blood to follow its really not that hard just got dark on us. but if anyone can help please let me know AsAP.

thanks

• Like 2

About where are you needing help in 34 A? I'm up in Tucson. No trained dog, but I could possibly help put boots on the ground.

• Like 1

Our hounds arent trained to follow blood if it was a fresh shot and good conditions the bear itself could of been trailed within a few hours but a overnight track pretty unlikely your only choice is walk it out and pray it doesnt get rained out

Thanks for the quick response on such a short notice. Got a couple fellas to help out. What a great community we got here. I'll post an update tomorrow

• Like 2

Guest oneshot

Meeting up with your brother in the am to track and help carry the bear out...

Was it a good broadside arrow shot? How far away was he from the bear?

The bear was only 25 yards away. It was a downhill shot so the arrow went a little higher than where he was aiming. It's was perfectly broadside just a little high I'm guessing. The arrow went in about 8 inches

Hope you guys find him! Sounds like he was hit pretty good.

if it was 8 in hope it wasn't too high cuz usually arrows blow thru bear fast and easy just saying but good luck hope you guys find him no doubt

a perfect broadside shot on a bear should blow thru if it didn't blow thru it got hung up on meat or bone