Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

General Spring Bear 6B & 33?

I noticed that 6b and 33 (8001 & 8002) only have 5 tags each on a draw hunt in the General Spring hunt. Obviously they don't want that many sows killed during the spring general hunt, but is this do to low Bear numbers or because they fear if they give out 20-100 tags it would be like world war 3 because of lots of bears running around.

Thanks guys for your help and for those who have hunted these units during the spring. I have hunted the spring hunts with no success since 2003 and no it's a tough hunt without doing your homework and if the bears are not out moving around.

Lots of Bear in 6B. Not as many as in the 90s, used to see bear in the parks early in the morning. Most areas are difficult to access and are never hunted. These areas are also almost impossible to glass in so sitting water or using dogs would be the most practical ways of hunting them. I think they are worried about the easy areas getting over hunted. There has also been 3 major fires in the unit that burned a lot of premium bear habitat. The last fire was the slide fire this summer.

• Like 1

Good to know! Thanks for the reply . My inlaws have a place up by 6b so I'm thinking of doing some more scouting up there. Sounds like May have some great spots to hike into .

I was asking about the 6b spring bear hunt an was told there hasn't been a bear killed in spring hunt last 5 years, not sure how true that is. But the fire screwed up the aug hunt last year I call 2 bear in 3 sets and this year 7 sets and only one bobcat. But the acorns were not ripe an with no pears bc higher elevarion or grass from the back burn they weren't around. Hopeing archery bear still open during archery elk

But that's spots on east side there are bear on west like he said sycamore and voulenteer

Right on Presmky, yea I just thought it was odd as they only offer 5 draw tags in the spring. Maybe the bear don't move it the spring .

Ya it might just depend on how late snow sticks around if still in den ill proble put in for it this year not sure draw odds