huntlines

My 14 year old daughter gets her FIRST archery buck!

I am writing this with joy and disappointment. I have been so busy getting ready for my oldest daughters archery bull elk hunt that I have not had much time to take my youngest daughter out deer hunting. Yesterday she found out her big brother was going hunting and she was not going to be left behind.

My son is 19 years old and is becoming a great hunter so I knew she was in good safe hands. I just always want to be there when my kids are hunting! There is nothing more rewarding than to be in the field with you kids. Harvesting an animal is just icing on a big fat cake. So being stuck at home drove me crazy! I was constantly texting them to see if they are OK or if they are seeing anything. They always tell me "sorry dad we didn't have cell service" when they get home. Ya right they just don't like their dad pestering them when they are trying to hunt.

I had not heard from them all day and was getting a little worried when I got a text about noon. All it said was "Killed one!!!!!!! 3x3 YAH BUDDY!" What?????? It came from my daughters phone but I didn't know if my son had killed it or my daughter. If it was my daughters it was her first buck with a bow. In an instant I'm calling both of their phones and to my frustration I get their voice mail instantly. There is no feeling you can explain when your wanting more information and not knowing what is going on.

Two hours later I finally get a call, "hey sorry dad we didn't have cell service" (ya right). They are almost home and had spent the last two hours packing the deer to the truck. According to my daughter it was a 20 yard shot and he was slightly quartering toward her. She said she had to wait for his right shoulder to move forward because I had told her not to hit the shoulder with her light poundage. Boy did she ever listen. When I met up with them I looked at the buck and couldn't see an entrance wound. My son reached down and pulled the right front shoulder forward.....there it was. A perfect shot so behind the front shoulder you had to move the leg forward to see it!

Just to see I put a tape on him and he green gross scores at 86 and 5/8ths. What a heck of a FIRST buck. My daughter had field dressed and packed out half of this buck with my sons help. I am one proud papa to say the least.

post-5532-0-80151800-1410196949_thumb.jpg

post-5532-0-64850200-1410196978_thumb.jpg

• Like 34

Absolutely amazing! Congrats to her, and good job on getting her into the sport. You have a lifetime of memories in your future.

Congratulations to your daughter on a beautiful buck! I can see why you are a proud papa and have every right to be!

Congrats to you all and your little huntress!

Big congrats to the young lady, what a great first buck! She will be hooked for life now.

GBA

Totally cool! Congratulations to your daughter on her awesome first buck. You sir care a very lucky man, and your kids have an awesome father. Congratulations all around. Very nice family for sure.