Sign in to follow this  
jeremiah lindsey

bear hunting dangerous?

Hey all im trying to convince my parents that bear hunting isnt dangerouse i plan on hunting with a 7mag and having 3 others maybe 4 with me i plan on hunting 24a so if you guys could help me out id really appreciate it!

Driving to school is more dangerous. Tell them you aren't going to school again until they find a safer way to get you there.

• Like 7

Guest wdenike

Driving to school is more dangerous. Tell them you aren't going to school again until they find a safer way to get you there.

ROFLMAO I like it!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Take care, Willie

Spot and stalk bear hunting is just as dangerous as hunting deer in bear country. I think the odds of a charge are 2x higher when not hunting for bear. A big mistake people make is approaching a downed animal from the front. No matter the species try to approach from the aniamls back and slightly to the rear. This allows for easy shots through the spine and into vital organs OR a head shot if need be. The animal cannot see you this way and has to cover more ground to make contact with you. During this whole time the animal will be presenting shots into the vitals. You will notice PHs doing this a lot in Africa. I have been charged by a few coyotes, a 5x6 bull elk, and a javelina. The elk was my fault in approaching from the front. My Dad has been charged by javelina a couple times and a few coyotes. All of these charges happened in animals with lung shots at closer ranges. My Dad has been directly charged 4 times by bears in AZ while hunting other things. Twice the bears felt trapped. I helped him just get his first bear in 6A and that bear did not do a direct charge. It was just really mad it got shot.

• Like 2

Picture of the bear. 4 yr old sow. 100% Spot and stalk. Could not tell if it was a sow or boar since I forgot my spotting scope. 4th day for me hunting and 1st day for my Dad. Not the best picture since it took a really long time to find a way through the brush and off 2 sets of cliffs. Bear was at the bottom of a huge canyon. Took us 2 trips to get the meat out. 2.32 miles each way so it was a good workout. Will do a more complete write up and individual post maybe after the skull gets cleaned off.

post-10656-0-86692400-1410745661_thumb.jpg

Been charged by a bear at 5', awoken by a bear in my sleeping bag, and had several bear come to the predator call a little closer than I would have liked...and I'm still here to tell about it.

• Like 1

It's only dangerous if you wound one and walk up on it talking on your cell phone assuming it's dead....guilty. That's a pair of underpants I'll never wear again!

• Like 2

Treehuggers are more dangerous than bears. And even if one does bite on ya some, it don't hurt that bad and youll have some cool scars to show off. Really. Besides, you have a gun. The bear don't. Lark.

• Like 1