Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Zeiss conquest hd 15's vs swarovski hd 15

Has anyone viewed side by side in some low light conditions? I'm sure the swarovski are the sure bet but I wonder how close the Zeiss are

$1500 for zeiss with tripod adaptor. Vs $2250 without tripod for swarovski

I'm pretty close to having the funds for the zeiss and wonder if I should just keep squirreling money away for the swarovski or save the $700+ and go Zeiss

Will tell you in a couple weeks after the Wyoming trip. I have the new zeiss 15's and my bro in law has the old swaros and the new swaros. Will give a detailed comparison between Zeiss 15's, swaro 15's and swaro 12x50. I got my Zeiss for 1300 and some change brand new. Initial thought and impression is good so far. Their tripod adapter system is by far the best factory option I have seen and I am starting to like the rubberized skeleton of the binos. Didnt like it at first. Also the eyecups are very nice with 4 positive locking positions. Clarity is very good to the edge with a slight distortion maybe 1 mm from the edge. Glass is about the same IMO as the old swaros as I had the old swaros for a while. New swaros will most likely have the edge in clarity and color.

• Like 1

Well after my trip to Wyoming I had a chance to compare the Zeiss 15x56 to the new Swaro 12x50. I will be the first to say I thought the 12's power would be a slight handicap but I was wrong. While the Zeiss are very good binos, and I was highly impressed, the swaros won in every category.

The comparison was done at fading light at ranges from 500-2000 yds. These I think are the main areas of concern for hunters...

Clarity - The swaros were perfectly clear and crisp from edge to edge with zero distortion. The Zeiss were very clear as well but slight distortion close to the edge. Even in the center of view at 1500 yds the swaros were able to pick up more detail

Color - Swaros were more of a bluish color or true color while the Zeiss seemed to be a bit yellowish

Magnification - While the 15's obviously had more power, the difference was barely notable at the ranges mentioned due to the clearness of the 12's

Size and Weight - Swaro 12's are the winner...no surprise there.

Overall both are great binos but the swaros were clearly better in every category. The only advantage of the zeiss over the swaro is the tripod adapter and stud it comes with which as I said before is simply awesome. Both binos would have no problem picking out coues at extended ranges. If price is concern the Zeiss at $1400-1600 are very capable and IMO as good as the old swaro 15's. If money isnt a concern and you have $2800 to spend the swarovski 12x50 are very much worth it.

Final thought - I think I will be selling my Zeiss 15's to get the Swaro 12's in the near future.

p.s. sorry I did not get a chance to review the swaro 15's...if anyone has any info on the new 15's maybe they can add to this thread

Thanks for the reviews Joe. I sold my old 15x Swaros in order to fund a pair of 12x EL I bought used. This was right before the new HD 15x came out. The 12x are awesome but I am constantly wondering if I would be better off with the new 15x for pickin apart those far off ridges. I wont be hunting in the states this year so I cant get a fair comparison at the same places I used my old 15x.

I have heard great things about the Zeiss including their mounting design and the quality of glass at that price point.

One thing is for sure though. If you take care of your Swaros they will hold their resale value if you decide on a different route later.

• Like 1

I have the bought the ziess 15s and have compared them to the older swaro 15 and for me they beat them hands down! But then again I needed a bino that had a narrower interpupillary distance then the old swaro's or the kiababs

The Zeiss Victory HTs are on par with the Swaro SLC HDs. But they are not the $1500 Zeiss Conquest binos. They are the $2300+ Zeiss binos. Also the Leica Ultravids.

Take a long look at the Cabela's Euro HD 15x56 from Meopta. I tried them for hours alongside a set of the Swaro SLC HD 15x56s, and I like them better. Amazing quality for $1600. Plus, if you get a Cabela's Visa and wait for the right sales time, they give you points back (I got 10% points and it is basically a 10% gift card), a $25 gift card, a $100 gift card, and wait for a coupon of 10-20% off, they come out at about $1100-1200 out the door (if you consider the gift cards you get).

I have the old slc and just got my wife a pair of Zeiss 15. They are pretty close. Side by side I feel that the Zeiss are slighty better in low light and the color rendition seems better. I think the slc are sharper at long distances. These are comparisons are so slight it took me sometime comparing them side by side to see the differences. I don't like the Zeiss eye cups they are to stiff and come un screwed sometimes when adjust them. Tripod adaptor is junk also its made of cheap potty metal that flexes so plan on getting am outdoorsmans adapter. Lens covers are also cheesy but the glass is still great and my wife loves them. I still prefer the slc. I would love to try out the new hds.

• Like 1

If any one has a pair of 12x50 el Swarovski they want to trade for the new 15x56 HD's Swarovski I will trade just bought my wife these and she would rather have the 12x50 el's also I have the outdoorsman stud and tripod adapter . JEREMY 480-495-3475