Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

God Fearing Hunters

I could not resist posting this story.....I am a hunter and I believe in God and I think we have let things go a little too far.......

Tempe Prep football coach Tommy Brittain has been suspended two weeks for praying with his team after the Show Low win two weeks ago, his wife, Melissa, confirmed.

This was a school decision that came down this week, Brittain's wife said.

Coach Brittain has not responded yet to e-mails.

Photos: Prayer and high school football

Tempe Prep Athletic Director Nancy Calahan said she could not comment on the suspension and deferred to the headmaster, David Baum, who has not yet responded to an e-mail sent late Friday morning for comment on why a two-week suspension was brought forth.

On Facebook: Should a high school coach be allowed to pray with his or her team?

"He's walking on eggshells, and he doesn't want to make the situation worse," Melissa said of her husband, who was teaching Friday at Tempe Prep.

Brittain, who has a strong Christian faith with his large, close football family, led Tempe Prep to a 19-18 victory last week over then No.2 Phoenix Northwest Christian.

Tempe Prep (2-1), which opened the season with a loss to top-ranked Yuma Catholic, came into the week ranked No.2 in Division V after back-to-back wins over Show Low (a top Division IV team) and Northwest Christian.

Tonight is Tempe Prep's homecoming against up-and-coming Surprise Paradise Honors (3-0). Brittain's son Zack is a senior linebacker on the team. The game is being played at Chandler Valley Christian High School.

Brittain is not allowed to attend tonight's game nor next week's game at Valley Christian.

Since a two-win season in 2004, Brittain, well-respected among his peers and players, has built Tempe Prep into a perennial winner.

Photos: Prayer and high school football

Senior wide receiver Xavier Alderman (far left) leads a prayer for the Deer Valley High School Skyhawks before a game in the locker room on Friday,

This is happening all over the Country. I read multiple stories daily, of this happening in schools and Universities around the country. Thanks to Obama, and the bat crap crazy liberal atheists, who have declared war on religious freedoms. A hunter who is religious, conservative,and a patriot, is high on the radar of the radical Left.

But there is a huge upside to all of this.. We won't have to share heaven with the people responsible for the death of Christianity.

• Like 4

We pray before and after every game where I coach. And we let the kids know that if they don't wish to participate that they don't have to. So far we haven't had any issues.

• Like 2

I guess since you said God Fearing Hunters, we are talking about Politics as relates to hunting so I can now "Chime In".

Far as I am concerned, they can take their political correctness and shove it where the sun don't shine. This country was founded on Judeo-Christian Beliefs, and its about time those of us who still believe in them stand up for them. If I were that Coach, I'd pray before, during and after every game from here on out, and let anyone who didn't want to be a part of it excuse themselves from it. The parents and kids in that program need to speak up on the Coach's behalf, and that idiot Baum needs to crawl back under his rock and keep it buttoned.

Just my 2 Abe's worth ... and I am not to bashful to say it.

• Like 4

Guest wdenike

Geez!! I thought this place withered and blew away. Been lazy and using the new content option. Going to have to keep both eyes on this place. :D :D :D :D But I agree it is completely out of control. And our country is paying dearly.

Take care, Willie

The more god is taken out of this country the faster it spirals down and we're past the ejection seat being useful now. No prayer in schools change the pledge allegiance .

• Like 1