Yuma Outdoorsman

Trail Cam Bighorn

I got this guy on camera a few years ago. What would you guess he would score? I've never seen scoring done on a bighorn and have never hunted them but would imagine this would be a shooter in most sheep hunters opinion. Thanks for looking.

post-12597-0-04024900-1411573702_thumb.jpg

post-12597-0-62158200-1411573749_thumb.jpg

post-12597-0-26631900-1411573792_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

REALLY good ram! Around 170 is my guess. Horns are heavy but very tight curl. Ideally you would like to see more drop to add more to length but he is plenty long and plenty heavy! Shooter in any unit! I'm curious what unit you took the pic? You can send me a PM, I'm all tagged out on desert sheep, so no worries about competing with me for a tag. LOL

• Like 1

I obviously don't know crap about sheep, because I thought he was a lot bigger. Great info. Thanks Heat!

Adam

Score is anybody's guess unless the sheep is dead and a tape has been put on it. I could be way off base but this is what I reckon based on my experience, which isn't that much compared to some guys out there. Looks a lot like Mike Cupell's ram he killed in 43B in 2012.

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trophyWatch_detail.asp?area=news&ID=E6B71D1C-F233-4870-8505-069C403FE0E3

I agree on the tight curl, but shooter ram regardless. I have him around 170 as well. He has plenty of mass to go around!

When you look at him from the side, you want to be able to fit a volleyball in his curl instead of a softball.