cramerhunts

Getting it done at 92 years old!

Now that I am starting to get somewhat caught up at work and have everything cleaned and put away I thought I would share some pictures of my grandfather's early archery bull. From my earliest memories my grandpa has been teaching me the In's and outs of the great outdoors and he is my true life hero. If I am half the man he is at his age I will be extremely lucky. He has accomplished so much in his life from being the first professional basketball player to come from the state of Arizona to coaching and teaching the vast majority of the Verde Valley boys to raising two great daughters to being one heck of an awesome grandpa! I am extremely proud of him (if you can't tell) and also extremely happy that he was able to take this fine bull on the 9th day of the hunt. He had some help from some very good friends and I can't thank them enough for being there for him when I couldn't (a huge thank you for Bill Rudolph who was there every step of the way)! They arrived in camp almost two weeks before the season started and put in some serious scouting. They chased bugles and bulls every day and even passed some bulls that just didn't fit the bill. On the evening of the 9th day it all came together and grandpa made short work of the 35 yard shot. Great job Pop!

post-216-0-42656700-1413399182_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-21161700-1413399240_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-60123300-1413399212_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-73567000-1413399305_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-91516700-1413399336_thumb.jpg

• Like 48

Very cool! Congrats to your grandpa and thanks for sharing.

Thats awesome. Not only do i wish i can still hunt at that age i just hope to still be here and able to get around like that.

Holy heck!!!! Yea man!

From kids to grandfathers, and every age in between!!!! VERY awesome and cool, Phil!

Thanks a bunch for posting!

S.

:)

I want to hear the NBA story.......

He was attending NAU and drafted to the Hawks. At the time they were the Waterloo Hawks. Wayne See #6 guard 1949-1950.

• Like 1

Now that's one man who humbles me ...

Fantastic! A lifelong friend of my Dad they coached the North team together in the Arizona State All Star game. Hunted together in Tin Roof for many many years. Congratulations Coach See on a fine bull and so happy to hear your still out in the field.