hunter72

best cooler canyon or yeti

Either or. Canyon is an AZ local which is a one up. I recently bought a pelican 95q. Put 6 bags of ice and 3 frozen gallon water jugs in it for 7 days. Left in the sun. Opened after 5 days, 80% of the ice remained, 98% of the jugs still frozen. After 7 days had 50% ice and maybe 60% ice in the jugs. It was 80-90 day time and 40-50's at night. Sun for 8 hours a day.

Not being a smart a$$ , but for day trips im thinking a 20 dollar igloo. Unless your pulling ice from your camp chests, then I can see a yeti.

• Like 5

I have them both and nothing beats a yeti.

What makes the Yeti better?

What about a Grizzly, I've been looking at those as well?

It does exactly what it says it does, keeps ice longer. I had both out on a hunt same conditions and never added ice to the yeti for a 4 day hunt, south of Tucson in January. The canyon I added ice day 3. My buddies had the " cheap igloo" and were adding ice every day. I am not at all saying canyon coolers are not a good cooler but in my experience Yeti is hands down the best. I like the handles better and also the locking system is better IMO.

When I was looking at coolers last year I went to Sportsmans Warehouse and looked them all over. The Yeti, in my opinion, was better made. The gasket was nicer and overall fitment of the top and hinges was what you would expect for a top of the line cooler.

Most of the other ones I looked at were very inconsistent in the way they were assembled from model to model even in the same brand and I was pretty disappointed in the quality. Yes they are crazy crazy expensive.

• Like 1

I have 2 canyon coolers and like them. I've never had a yeti so I cant compare the 2 by their performance just the price difference.

I couldnt justify purchasing either brand for just a day cooler.

Igglloo barely keeps the beer cold..............BOB!

I didn't think folks where your at used coolers, just threw it in the truck bed and defrosted on the intake manifold in the morning haha!
We use them to keep the beer from freezing!
  • Like 1

The price is shocking but if u think about how long a igloo cooler lasts compared to a yeti, it was a in brainier for me. If you use a cooler a few times a year then yeah igloo works but when your cooler spends months in the woods, its well worth it. Had my yeti for over 2 years and it still looks brand new. The money I have saved on ice alone last 2 years probably buys me and igloo cooler.

• Like 2