elpepe25

Tuesday afternoon P.S.A.

STOCK vs. STALK

Stock:

noun

1. the goods or merchandise kept on the premises of a business or warehouse and available for sale or distribution.

2. a supply or quantity of something accumulated or available for future use.

3. farm animals such as cattle, pigs, and sheep, bred and kept for their meat or milk; livestock.

4. the capital raised by a business or corporation through the issue and subscription of shares.

5. liquid made by cooking bones, meat, fish, or vegetables slowly in water, used as a basis for the preparation of soup, gravy, or sauces.

6. a person's ancestry or line of descent.

7. an instrument of punishment consisting of an adjustable wooden structure with holes for securing a person's feet and hands, in which criminals were locked and exposed to public ridicule or assault.

8. the part of a rifle or other firearm to which the barrel and firing mechanism are attached, held against one's shoulder when firing the gun.

verb

1. have or keep a supply of (a particular product or type or product) available for sale.

2.provide or fill with goods, items, or a supply of something.

Stalk:

noun

1. the main stem of a herbaceous plant.

verb

1. pursue or approach stealthily.

• Like 4

I'm sure you are going to get beat up on this post. But while we're at it you might want to tell everyone the difference between herd and heard, and shot and shoot.

• Like 1

Spline vs. Spine

Boarder vs. Border

Couse vs. Coues

It's endless.

• Like 1

I will never understand grammer Nazis. I get that its a pet peeve but you understand what is trying to be said. Read it, shake your head and move on. I don't go around cutting retard drivers off making them come to a stop ripping them out of their vehicles slaming their face into a speed limit sign so I'm sure they have seen it then drag them back to their vehicle by the hair and showing them how the gas pedal works because they drive slow. Lord knows I would like to but I don't.

• Like 1

Wow, Nazi of the Grammer Nazi ^.

That's why I did it. Tongue in cheek commiseration and fireworks.

STOCK vs. STALK

Stock:

noun

1. the goods or merchandise kept on the premises of a business or warehouse and available for sale or distribution.

3. farm animals such as cattle, pigs, and sheep, bred and kept for their meat or milk; livestock.

4. the capital raised by a business or corporation through the issue and subscription of shares.

5. liquid made by cooking bones, meat, fish, or vegetables slowly in water, used as a basis for the preparation of soup, gravy, or sauces.

7. an instrument of punishment consisting of an adjustable wooden structure with holes for securing a person's feet and hands, in which criminals were locked and exposed to public ridicule or assault.

8. the part of a rifle or other firearm to which the barrel and firing mechanism are attached, held against one's shoulder when firing the gun.

verb

1. have or keep a supply of (a particular product or type or product) available for sale.

Stalk:

noun

verb

I'm DUG and I approve this message.

• Like 3

I will never understand grammer Nazis. I get that its a pet peeve but you understand what is trying to be said. Read it, shake your head and move on. I don't go around cutting retard drivers off making them come to a stop ripping them out of their vehicles slaming their face into a speed limit sign so I'm sure they have seen it then drag them back to their vehicle by the hair and showing them how the gas pedal works because they drive slow. Lord knows I would like to but I don't.

But if you did I bet they wouldnt do it again! Just kidding I drive slow.

STOCK vs. STALK

Stock:

noun

1. [/size]the goods or merchandise kept on the premises of a business or warehouse and available for sale or distribution.[/size]

2. [/size]a supply or quantity of something accumulated or available for future use.[/size]

3. [/size]farm animals such as cattle, pigs, and sheep, bred and kept for their meat or milk; livestock.[/size]

4. [/size]the capital raised by a business or corporation through the issue and subscription of shares.[/size]

5. [/size]liquid made by cooking bones, meat, fish, or vegetables slowly in water, used as a basis for the preparation of soup, gravy, or sauces.[/size]

6. [/size]a person's ancestry or line of descent.[/size]

7. [/size]an instrument of punishment consisting of an adjustable wooden structure with holes for securing a person's feet and hands, in which criminals were locked and exposed to public ridicule or assault.[/size]

8. [/size]the part of a rifle or other firearm to which the barrel and firing mechanism are attached, held against one's shoulder when firing the gun.[/size]

verb

1. have or keep a supply of (a particular product or type or product) available for sale.[/size]

2.[/size]provide or fill with goods, items, or a supply of something.[/size]

Stalk:[/size]

noun

1. the main stem of a herbaceous plant.[/size]

verb

1. pursue or approach stealthily.[/size]

I'm think our schools now a days are more to blame for this-- ( they print instead of righting:) writing and math is a joke too!)

Well played sir well played.

I keep thinking Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction...

I am a teacher. I fight in the trenches daily to correct grammar in both written and oral form. The most common grammatical mistake of the generation beneath me (and maybe us), is the use of the word "mines." ...and it drives me nuts!!! A classic example that I hear multiple times each week, "Hey, give it back! That's mines!"

I always interject and correct by stating, "No dear (son), mines are things that blow up when you step on them or places that you dig for obtaining valuable minerals like silver and gold." Next time say, "That pencil is mine, or it belongs to me!"

I had to laugh when I read this post! Homonyms, they make the English language interesting!

• Like 3

STOCK vs. STALK

Stock:

noun

verb

Stalk:

noun

verb

How dare you sir, you ain't got no business telling me how to properly word my sentences! Who do you think you are, Noam Chomsky or something?

I'm just kidding buddy, hey did you get a new phone number?

Spelling bugs me to but, your avatar is weird. So, there are your fireworks. Remember when you are pointing fingers three are pointing back at you. :o

• Like 1