ctafoya

Keeping a barrel clean

Heading out soon to the high country for some late bull action. So far it looks like it will be wet muddy snowy etc. I want to make sure our barrels stay free of gunk. I have heard that a piece of electrical tape will work. Just trying to find out the validity of that statement. What do you guys recommend?

Did you watch GI Jane? I think it was that movie. I recommend ribbed, for extra rigidity...

Plenty of folks use the electric tape. Ear plug works too.

I use a rubber end cap (don't know the term for it) for both my rifles. Just got to remember to take it off before shooting. Masking tape or painters tape works great also with no effect on shot placement.

Did you watch GI Jane? I think it was that movie. I recommend ribbed, for extra rigidity...

Plenty of folks use the electric tape. Ear plug works too.

Funny

Thanks for the info. Ill try a little piece of tape and hopefully we'll have time to remove it just in case.

A buddy of mine had electrical tape over the end of his barrel. I wondered if it affects accuracy - or worse, could blow up the barrel, but looks like a lot of people do it. Good thread.

finger cots

That is friggin brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see the ladys smirk when jmall rolls up to the cash register.... Thats gotta be an awkward convo... "Errr, ummm... theyre for my rifle!""

• Like 1