Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

My Mexico "Double-double" bucks are back

I finally got my deer back from Dan Lee at Artist Touch Taxidermy in Dewey, Az. I got both these nice bucks on the same day, along with 2 javelina on another day on a hunting trip in Mexico. I entered the larger buck (124") and wrote a photo-essay about my adventure for the 2012 Coues Whitetail buck contest. Here's the link to the story: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/37747-my-mexico-double-double/

The buck won 1st place for a typical Mexico deer and I won 1st place for my photo-essay! I was able to choose a discounted full mount donated by Dan as one of my 1st place prizes, and since I already knew Dan, had him mount the deer for me. He did a fantastic job! He's also mounting 1 of the javelina for me also. Those are the 2 javelina skulls in the pedestal cabinet.

Jay Williams from Diamond J Furniture in Prescott Valley made the lighted pedestal cabinet for me and found the juniper branch for the top.

I am super happy to have it back and on display!

Here's a couple of pictures of my "Double-double" mount.

post-736-0-86255600-1416935293_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-58915000-1416935400_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-29443200-1416938248_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-40974600-1416938326_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is an amazing pair of bucks. I like the fact that they are quite different in character and shape. I would not have passed either of these bucks. Beautiful mount. Your room looks too empty, you need to add more of these trophies! Congrats.

• Like 1

Very nice! What a great display.

• Like 1

Amazing work done on that display! Congrats to you on those two trophy bucks as well!

• Like 1

Beautiful mount. I will have to keep Dan in mind next time I'm ready to have something mounted. Looks like we live in the same 'hood.

• Like 1

That's the coolest deer mount I've ever seen.

• Like 1