Congrats to your daughter on a great buck.

Job well done Phil. She looks happy and so do you. That buck looks very similar in build to the buck you shot last year. Good job all the way around. Next time though, you gotta put your hat back on for the picture. Hard to see the deer with all that shine. ;) jk. I do have to ask though, how in the heck did you draw another late tag? Congrats to Jaycie on a very fine deer.

I just can't put into words how proud I am of you Jaycie.

You are becoming quite the huntress and your willingness to put in the hard work impresses me so much.

That day on top of the mountain when you told your Dad that you wanted to take the long, brutal, route to go after the big bucks...nearly brought a tear to my eye!

As you know, sometimes that dedication is what it takes to harvest trophy bucks. I can't wait to see what the future brings for you.

Now, whether or not my torn and tired knees will keep up is a different story!

That terrain just about killed me! I've NEVER been so much in pain on a hunt in my life.

To see you out there enjoying it all was a blessing and really brought back fond memories of being a kid again.

To see the world with such wonder, to point out the beautiful things that we sometimes take for granted. Thanks Jayc!

You killed a heck of a buck, and with one shot. You're making us look bad. ^_^

Congratulations again.

Phil, you have one marvelous daughter that is truly becoming one splendid hunting partner for you.

Many thanks on always setting up a stellar camp. Your Dads cooking was phenomenal and I can't wait to do it all over again.

post-67-0-26781800-1417575601_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks like a great time was had by all. Congratulations on a good buck. It can take a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to get the job done.

Phil and Hector, you guys look a little wiped out.

Keven

Great job Jaycie! That is a GREAT Buck! Excellent write up Dad. You should be proud of her. And proud of yourself. Her spirit and determination is a direct result of how she was raised. Looking forward to reading about next years adventure. Better start working out now.

congrats to the Cramers. way to get it done. looks like all good memories this year (compared to last)!

Thank you everybody on the comments, she had some good reading on the way to school this morning! She's still on cloud nine and I'm as proud as can be. She can flat out shoot and there is no way I'd ever challenge her to a shooting contest.

We were definitely wiped out for sure Keven! Hard to keep up with her these days. I'm going to load her pack heavier next year to give us a chance!

Creed I don't know how we drew the late tags again being only two years since the last late tag but I'm not complaining and sure looking forward to it! After looking at the pictures you are right.....gotta keep the hat on! LOL.

Congrads to the young lady and good story and great photos.

thanks for sharing