SEAZCoues

Texas Hog Hunts

Iv'e heard of a lot of guys going to Cali.for 4 legged. Another option is here in N. Dakota for 2 legged The Females are big. Go to any local bar.............BOB!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I thought they were a major nuisance, cant you knock on someones door and ask to hunt for hogs on their property or something along those lines[/quote they are a big problem! But farmers figured out they can make more money charging to hunt hogs than they can on crops. Or I should say, most small operation farmers.

Nick please keep me posted. I would be interested in going on a cheap fun pig hunt.

For sure Adam, I have you on the top of my list of guys who might want to go. SEAZCoues is right there with you. Anybody else game for a trip like this? Might not be a bad idea to do one "scouting" trip before I take the Mrs. and the youngsters.

Nick

Nick please keep me posted. I would be interested in going on a cheap fun pig hunt.

For sure Adam, I have you on the top of my list of guys who might want to go. SEAZCoues is right there with you. Anybody else game for a trip like this? Might not be a bad idea to do one "scouting" trip before I take the Mrs. and the youngsters.

Nick

I'm interested.

• Like 1

Got you on the list DesertBull!

Seems like we have a fair amount of interest. Now let's see if most guys are interested in a free range hunt where hogs come and go from the hunting property or a high fence hunt where shooting opportunity is almost guaranteed. Let's hear it if you guys have a preference. That should help narrow things down.

I would be interested in either hunt. As long as we have fun I don't really care. The shorter the drive the better!!!!

Adam

I don't mind high fence as long as its not ridiculously small and the "rancher" buys the hogs and releases them the day before you get there.

Hunter's Creek Ranch in NE Texas has high and low fence. Maybe that would work for everyone. They charge $200 -$275 a day depending if you want meals included as well and whether you're hunting the low or high fence part. I think they have dogs that can help you stick one with a knife if that's your thing.

There's a guy in Cali that puts on private land hog hunts that charges $250 per person for guiding and $200 if you get your hog. That's a two day hunt. They have lodging and kitchen just need to bring food. That's about the cheapest I've found over there which would be half the driving than anywhere in Texas. He fills up really quick though so we might not be able to get on for a while with him. A California hunting license ($160ish) and pig tag ($72 or so) would be required in addition to the guide and kill fee (if you score). Cottonwood Hunting LLC is the name of the outfit.

How many hogs do they let you whack at the Texas ranch?

If you are going to do Cali you might as well do Tejon ranch

post-331-0-04318900-1418855132_thumb.jpg

post-331-0-81209300-1418855189_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Tejon ranch is over a grand for the guided hunt. Not my flavor at this time. Is that Nate Treadwell? Nice hog by the way! I would like to try the management hunt at Tejon if that is still in the works and it's available to get on. Seeing that you have been before maybe we could do OK without a guide?

From Hunter's Creek:

Free Range Hog Hunts
$200.00 per day No minimum days required, without food & lodging.
$250.00 per day, No minimum days required, with food & lodging.
Guide fee: $50.00 per sitting (fully guided hunt)
Hog Hunts-
One day hog hunt includes one night lodging, with meals, limit 2 hog per day. $275.00
Two day hog hunt includes two nights lodging, with meals, limit 2 hogs per day. $550.00
Three day hog hunt includes 3 nights, with meals, limit 2 hogs per day. $825.00
Daily bag limits do not carry over.
Youth Hog Hunts, 16 years and younger......with paid adult
One day hunt $200.00
Two day hunt $400.00
Three day hunt $600.00
Lodging and meals included with youth hunts
**No expandable broad heads**
Fees include (per day) One hog over 100lb's & one under 100lb's
On your smaller hog anything over 100lb is $1.00 per pound.

I'm going to start a new thread to see who else is interested. I apologize SEAZCoues for putting your thread on a bit of a tangent. Hopefully these posts got some ideas moving around for you!

Me and a friend did Dos Plumas in Texas (it was the closest one I could find to AZ) . it was $300 for 2 nights, which included 2 pigs. There is a tax so be prepared to pay for that as well + 50 for an out of state hunt license. The land was real dense with cedar and they setup up feeders they take you to early morning and just before sunset, with blinds set up at the feeders. The first day I only saw some baby pigs that were barely off the teat, so the owner, Allen, took us around in his pickup after "corning" the roads and still saw nothing. The next day a storm moved in and it started raining/ snowing (it was mid January) and the pigs were much more active, nearly all of us saw some pigs, I shot one in the neck with a 30-06 and it still got up and ran in to the brush and we weren't able to recover it.(They did find it after we left and sent a pic). My buddy that didn't see a thing was offered a free do-over hunt. The lodging was nice, good beds, warm, fridges, stove etc, if you don't come with 6 people in your group they will book up the rooms to other hunters.

We do plan on going back next January, even though they have upped their rates to $400. I would recommend not bothering going in the morning unless its really cold out and just stay up at night and get some of the red hogging lights.

Guys, I just saw this but wanted to say that I am originally from Texas. My brother owns and operates a whitetail and hog outfit and has a lot of hogs on his places. He also does a lot of hog hunts.

Good dude with good land in West Central Texas. You'll see lots of pigs.

Bruce Williams

325-347-7679

Hangemhighwhitetails.com