Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Train to Hunt?

Looks like a great competition.

Id like to see the workout program they have.

Anyone up for this? Its on my calendar. Does usery have camping spots? Its a heack of a drive for me to go all the way home before day 2.

• Like 1

Trphy I didnt know you were republican? Kidding. I may hit you up for that one. I watched the video I need to step it up for this thing. Note I only drink liquids that light on fire before big workouts

I like the idea. I'm planning on getting into better shape for canyoneering this year and looking into crossfit. My wife and her friend are gymnastics coaches and we just moved them into a huge warehouse next to crossfit in Lakeside and it looks like a fun way to get in shape.

I didn't see anything about the preparation for "train to hunt" - is it a full time workout, diet regimen, etc, or just a yearly competition?

Its a comp in many states. Basically its like all the many running triathlon races its a revenue generator for the guys running it but it looks like a good 3d shoot with a lot of physical work just like would be on a hunt. You train for yourself and sign up for the comp. 100 bucks for 2 days of organized comp with your pack and bow

please let me know if you have specific questions or concerns, I will be hosting the Arizona TTH this year and not competing. I am available for all info, training, or course specifics. Hope you guys come out and support a great event. Its a great weekend full of brotherhood, competition, and a great experience. This year's qualifiers will be compellable by all standards!!

-matthew

• Like 1

It would be great to hear the course layout and challenges so we can train in like situations. You know like step 1 jog 1 mile with bow and 20 lb pack, shoot target kneeling, step 2 crawl under net, step 3 pushups, etc. I plan on going, thanks for posting info

It would be great to hear the course layout and challenges so we can train in like situations. You know like step 1 jog 1 mile with bow and 20 lb pack, shoot target kneeling, step 2 crawl under net, step 3 pushups, etc. I plan on going, thanks for posting info

i found this vid, idk if its any help

d4jWNgWjfPQ

edit: nvm its not embedding.