Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

1965 400+ bull Elk

Recently I've had the pleasure of meeting new people and this gentleman was kind enough to show me pictures of this bull he took in 1965.

If I remember correctly on the back of the picture it said,

1965 bull elk

300 Win Mag

79 gr of 4831.

Thanks Mr O for sharing and I hope you enjoy this picture.

Just recently it was scored and scored around 412 I believe, I have not seen it in person, but look at that mass.

IMG_20141216_135445124_zps4hjdnbvc.jpg

• Like 13

Awesome vintage photo. That thing has tons of mass!

Thanks for sharing that.

Nice bull for sure,don't see 412 with broken sword point,but nice for sure-especially 1965.

Nice bull for sure,don't see 412 with broken sword point,but nice for sure-especially 1965.

doesn't matter who, what, when, where the bull was killed. someone is always skeptical of the supposed score. congrats to the hunter. amazing bull. scores are for sports

• Like 1

There isn't a broken sword on right or third on left, just didn't show up in the picture, I guess with the flash.

it's funny people can say that about pictures ''that's not a 400 inch bull, that's not a 100 inch buck, that's not a 10lb. bass'' give me a break that thing is huge! if measured in 1965 wouldn't it have been the world record?

it's funny people can say that about pictures ''that's not a 400 inch bull, that's not a 100 inch buck, that's not a 10lb. bass'' give me a break that thing is huge! if measured in 1965 wouldn't it have been the world record?

My grandpa killed a bull that also scored 412 in 1959. I'll post pics soon. But no not a world record