Havasuhunter

River Stripers

Been doing pretty well on the stripers. Two of us caught a bunch yesterday on 8" Producer Plug Glide baits and 8" S wavers. Also got them on 5" Shad colored paddle tails and a 1/2oz head.

A couple Pics. I usually release everything, but the guy I had on the boat wanted a bunch, so we kept some.

post-12572-0-41772100-1418934168_thumb.jpg

post-12572-0-61951800-1418934176_thumb.jpg

post-12572-0-63636000-1418934191_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

release stripers? aren't they an invasive species in which the G&F urges people to not release?

release stripers? aren't they an invasive species in which the G&F urges people to not release?

No, thats why they have limits on them. We almost kept a limit this time, but I usually just keep a few for dinner. I dont like to freeze them. If we didn't release most yesterday we would have sank my boat.:-)

• Like 1

No, thats why they have limits on them. We almost kept a limit this time, but I usually just keep a few for dinner. I dont like to freeze them. If we didn't release most yesterday we would have sank my boat.:-)

i gotcha. looks like a blast! thanks for the clarification

Fishing is pretty good here for sure. Lost s 20-25lb channel cat on an 8" glide the other day too. Also been a pretty good crankbaits bite for Smallmouth averaging 2.5-3lbs. Other days it's just dead tough, but I've caught at least a few every trip in Dec.

Gotta love big stripers! I would love to catch a 20+ pounder for the wall. Looks like your having a lot of fun. Keep up the good work!!!!!

Adam

• Like 1

On the other hand Big Browns, nobody loves big strippers!

I will take a big brown over a big striper, but I do love stripers! I have a friend in Kingman who would love to learn how to catch some big Stripers. If you ever need a partner let me know. Post up some more pictures of the big Stripers.

Adam

Browns, stripers, smallmouth, tuna, carp. I like catching them all.

Brian

I agree. I love catching huge Carp! I'm hoping to find a 35 pound+ this spring for the wall.

• Like 1

Wow. Glancing at the title of the thread, I had totally different views running through my mind.....

lake-havasu-party-girls-70_zps788e04d3.j

• Like 2

On the other hand Big Browns, nobody loves big strippers!

I will take a big brown over a big striper, but I do love stripers! I have a friend in Kingman who would love to learn how to catch some big Stripers. If you ever need a partner let me know. Post up some more pictures of the big Stripers.

Adam

Does your friend in Kingman hunt? We could do a trade a trip

Browns, stripers, smallmouth, tuna, carp. I like catching them all.

Brian

I agree. I love catching huge Carp! I'm hoping to find a 35 pound+ this spring for the wall.

Carp on they flyrod is a passion of mine. My biggest carp is 30lbs caught on a spinning rod and 4lb line fishing a crayfish imitation. To 10lbs on the fly rod, hoping to do a little of that this coming spring.