Sign in to follow this  
SwampMafia

Good vantage point?

Went up scouting today around 10am. I found some solid glassing points but I want your opinions on them. The first one is a bit flat. There is a wash that cuts through it in the center, and the nearest road is a quarter mile. The second spot is high up and overlooks a valley where 2 washes meet. In the far background is a tall mesa. This is unit 21 in the desert half. What do you guys think? I saw a ton of sign and lots of tracks in the washes. Any suggestions? How's it look

?post-12075-0-20043600-1419031249_thumb.jpgpost-12075-0-02128700-1419031343_thumb.jpg

It's a pretty remote dirt road with no other real roads around it, but idk maybe I'll try to get further in

Not sure what that means... I didn't even sit down my entire scouting trip, i put in boot to get to every glassing point I could and check em out. These are a few I liked.. @psebowhunter

I believe you missed a joke about the orientation of your photos. I thought it was pretty good, but now it is ruined.

• Like 2

You never know where the big one is going to be. With the rut getting close, I would with the highest doe population spot or where you saw the most sign! Good luck!

• Like 1

The edge of the mesas shown appear to be higher and better vantage points for more glassing coverage than where the picture is taken from, but maybe those are the spots you are talking about? Higher the better.

• Like 1

Not sure what that means... I didn't even sit down my entire scouting trip, i put in boot to get to every glassing point I could and check em out. These are a few I liked.. @psebowhunter

Next time, sit down and glass from the spots you want to find out if they are good or not. That would be the best way to see if they are worth your time.