Couzer

Vowells Monday check in

So I'm jumping on the bandwagon to lose some weight before bear season starts up again. I weighed in a week and a half ago at 240.2lbs Today I weighed in at 228.6lbs This thread is to help motivate myself to continue strong.

I'm using the Medifast plan which I have used before in the past. This is the best plan for ME to lose some lbs's.

If anyone else has done Medifast and has tips and ideas on making Lean and Green meals please share your recipes. Also any snacks that are low cals.

My goal right now is 199lbs, I haven't weighed this since High School so it would be nice to be there again.

• Like 3

I think you better change careers :rolleyes: Best of luck.

Ha ha ain't that the truth! As long as as I stay as a conductor and not a engineer I'll be ok!!!

• Like 1

best of luck to you. I couldn't be strict enough to keep my body in ketosis. should be a fast way to lose weight though

Yea it's tough, first 3 days are the hardest and now it isn't to bad. Just got to drink lots of water

I don't know. Being a conductor on the road doesn't help. I eat way more than when I am working as a engineer. At least as an engineer, you have something to do for the trip. Keep up the good work

Brent

• Like 1

...losing some weight before the bear season... That line caused a tear drop to leak down my face. What dedication to the bruins!

• Like 2

This is exactly the motivation I needed.... I started today with a slow hike up the mountain.. keep moving my brothers and sisters.

• Like 1

Devan, are you doing cardio? If so, what? What about weights?

Just running 1 mile every other day, then I walk about 3-4 miles a day at work. Simple sit ups, cruches and push-ups

Just weighed in this afternoon at 224.2 lbs, lost 4.4lbs this last week. Its been rough making sure I'm eating healthy, I cheated one day eating some peanut butter and one cup cake.

I'm just getting out the trail cameras and starting to plan on where I need to place them. Hopefully I can get them out this next week or 2, I really want to see if I can get a bear on camera before the season opens.

I just recently got the go ahead from my doctor to start training again after a knee injury. I have been able to hike the last tow days and it sure feels great. I am also getting back in great shape for my spring archery bear hunt. I'm only about 10 over weight, but I really need to be able to carry a bunch of weight in my backpack. Sounds like your doing pretty good Devon. I cut out gluten about 20 months ago and that has kept my weight in check, and I feel 500% better. David

• Like 2

Right on David! Yeah I need to work on packing out a bear to, prob the hardest thing I have ever done. I can't imagine recovering after knee surgery bro! Keep it up! I'll have to look into the gluten free stuff.

Still keeping strong, weighed in this morning right at 218lbs! Down 6.2 lbs from last week, over all down 22.2 lbs. Instead of my waist being a tight 40, it's now a 36-38. I'm going to start hitting the SanTan Mountains next to my house with my loaded pack with 30lbs in it.

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow to set my first Camera up in unit 23.

• Like 1

I'm unable to weigh myself today due to being stuck in a hotel in Winslow, Az. This last week was a little rough but manage to get out and hang a few cameras in 23. I could tell going up the hills was a lot easier this time. I weighed in yesterday at 214.6 lbs. That's 3.4 lbs down from last week. Keeping strong in those hard moments wanting to splurge.