Sign in to follow this  
Swivelhead

ADBSS Waterhole Project in the Silverbells

Went to my 1st ever sheep club waterhole project in the Silverbells last weekend. Met some really nice people. Volunteers assisted a G&F crew with a new 10K storage system. Club put on a great meal with ice cream for desert and a monster bonfire after dinner Saturday night. It was a good time, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Area WM addressed volunteers at the campfire and thanked everybody for pitching in. WM discussed the most recent sheep count in the Silverbells. As I recall, he said the 2011 survey saw 40-50 sheep and the 2014 survey counted 130+. Good news!

• Like 2

If any of these projects could get their shoot together and plan with more than 5 days notice I and others might show up. That goes for g and f , mule deer , and elk projects. Very poor planning.

Those projects are good news projects. I would like to help on them myself. If I recall correctly, that unit reduced the tag allotment last fall, so it seems ironic that the survey count between 2011 and 2014 increased substantially.

Those projects are good news projects. I would like to help on them myself. If I recall correctly, that unit reduced the tag allotment last fall, so it seems ironic that the survey count between 2011 and 2014 increased substantially.

WM stated tag #'s are based on how many class III & IV rams are counted not the overall population. When those numbers rise we should see an additional tag.

• Like 1

I was buzzing the schedule to see if I could show up but its all Saturdays and I work weekends so bummer, 44bs is close to me