218buck

Tessa'S Javelina Success

Well my daughter was able to kill her third javelin today. After waking up to no rain we decided to give it a try we headed back to Cleator were we had been the weekend before. She was reluctant to go because we did not see anything, I assured her that the area held pigs. I told her I was so sure of it if we did not find any I would give her 100 dollars. We barely made it to New River before we hit rain I was thinking on know. Tessa brought a friend of hers who has never been on a hunt they were both starting to grumble about the weather. I figured we were almost there might as well give it a try. Well the rain finally let up about 11:30 by 11:45 we had glassed up some pigs. after a 30 minute hike up a couple of steep hills choked with cat claw we were in position. As usual one well placed shot at 170 yards and Tessa had just killed her 3rd pig. Just for fun I started blowing my pig call after the shot we not only called that herd to us but another herd that was over the next ridge came running in. If you have never done this it is quite exciting to have pigs at 5 yards. We decided on the ride home we will hunt these fun little critters with bows next year. That will be a blast.

post-7688-0-23231900-1422751793_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Super cool! Congratulations to her on her success and way to go Dad for persevering in bad weather! What did her friend think of it all?

Super cool! Congratulations to her on her success and way to go Dad for persevering in bad weather! What did her friend think of it all?

She really thought those pigs running up to us was pretty cool also was excited when Tessa made her shot

I am glad she is ready to chase pigs with a bow, as that is a serious adrenaline rush! Congratulations!

What type of call do you use to call them back in? I have heard if that happening but I would no what type of call I would use? Predator call? Mike

What type of call do you use to call them back in? I have heard if that happening but I would no what type of call I would use? Predator call? Mike

I was using a Javelina Hunter J13 Limited first time with this brand I was happy with it.All of the ones I have used sound much like a varmit call. This is probably the first time I have called in two seperate herds from the same location I have a ham hunt in 21 this week I will try it again

That is great stuff. Congratulations. When I blow my Javi call, they run the other way.

Congrats to the huntress. And congrats to the Dad, and for getting a possible new huntress out in the field to share in the experience. Love to see kids scoring and getting into the sport.

Nice job - Congratulations to your daughter.