Sign in to follow this  
COOSEFAN

Poppin' Jalapeno's!

Here's another short video from my recent trip.

Here's a link to that initial thread: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/55562-knockin-out-the-bucket-list/

So basically, while waiting in the stand hoping for a big buck to show up I kept having these pigs come in and stick around which I figured made the deer uneasy. I didn't want to disturb everything by shooting the pigs but after watching some does come in and then run off because of them I figured it didn't matter! I had the camera sitting in my lap so it's not the best video but it is cool watching the lighted nocks fly!

• Like 2

I am amazed at how much movement that last pig made before the arrow hit it. If the pig doesn't drop like that I think that arrow might go right under it.

Sweet video, and I was happy to see you stop at 2. I watched a show recently where they were in Mexico and shot an entire herd of pigs with a .338 Lapua. It just doesn't seem like good conservation to me.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, it wasn't very challenging but always fun flinging arrows at pigs!

That last pig did move a bunch prior to impact, kinda expected on a long shot at an alert critter. Doesn't always happen but makes us wonder if it's best NOT to stop an animal for a shot. I see it with elk a lot, but moving shots aren't any better.

I agree about stopping at 2, I coulda shot more and the ranch is overrun with pigs so it wouldn't have made a dent in the population, but I didn't fill my AZ pig tag so I figured I'd scratch that itch while I had the chance! Ha!

Thanks, Jim-

• Like 1