joelpresmyk8

BIGGEST pig you've seen? (Pics)

Let me start by saying that this pig was totally alone and to be perfectly honest, I thought he was a normal 20-25 pound pig when we glassed him at a mile. And as I was about to shoot still thought he was normal maybe a hair small. 360 yard shot. This was my first rifle pig tag since I was like 13. I have been archery hunting ever since.

post-7395-0-24244900-1424984716_thumb.jpg

post-7395-0-94809100-1424985075_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

It's going to be some good eating for sure. :)

TJ

• Like 1

A "normal 20-25# pig"? Normal is 35-40#, with a big pig being 50#+, up to 65# or so.

But that is going to be way more tender than an old boar! Like a spike buck. Better eating. Congrats on a successful hunt.

And think of it this way (glass is half full). You hit a small target at 360 yards. Great shooting! Looks like the ballistic lessons are paying off. And I bet the pack out was pretty easy. Just put it in your cargo pocket!

• Like 1

A "normal 20-25# pig"? Normal is 35-40#, with a big pig being 50#+, up to 65# or so.

But that is going to be way more tender than an old boar! Like a spike buck. Better eating. Congrats on a successful hunt.

And think of it this way (glass is half full). You hit a small target at 360 yards. Great shooting! Looks like the ballistic lessons are paying off. And I bet the pack out was pretty easy. Just put it in your cargo pocket!

Yeah lance I say the same thing and people get all bent out of shape and say normal desert pigs at 20-30 pounds. All my archery pigs have been around the 45-55 pound range.

Hahah exactly! And a HUGE THANX to you for helping me out and letting me chew your ear off on all the rifle tips and tricks. It helped more then I can explain! Thank you again for all the knowledge.

Guest 300ultramag.

this is my fear on my 1st bear is that he will be of this size! good shot... BTW

it takes a big man to cry... it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man!!! i am dying in tears right now :lol: I could see myself doing this....

thanks for the read

• Like 3

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have taken small animals before, but loved the chase and the meat they provided for me. Bravo for posting your trophy!

• Like 1

Haha thanx for all the positive comments everyone! Only here can this be posted without "that guy" saying something negative for no reason. And I am super proud for sure. Good time with awesome friends!

• Like 2