Sign in to follow this  
jmaxjohnston

Looking for bird dog

Looking for a female lab, setter, brittany, pointer, etc. If they haven't been worked with I hope to be able to work with at becoming a bird dog. Let me know what you have or know of. I am interested in older dogs as well as puppy's.

Guest akaspecials

Some of the breeds you mentioned help the hunter in very different ways. You may want to narrow down what you will be hunting and where, and then find the best dog for that.

My wife just called me about a guy needing to give away his GSP. She is spade and trained. We have 2 or she would be ours. Pm me if interested.

Guest akaspecials

He did akspecials. The're all "Bird Dogs".

Retrievers are very different than pointers. Some breeds are better in the heat than others. Etc. Etc. Just trying to make sure that someone doesn't end up with the wrong dog. I see it all the time and a little research on the topic can save both the handler and the dog a lot of pain and heartache.

I don't know many people that run both retrievers and pointers... They are two different beasts.

I've done quite a bit of research and that's why I'm open to anything that I mentioned above. I don't have my mind set on going just one way with a dog and just wanted to see what was out there. I know that what I do end up getting will determine what I do with it. I'm not going to try and turn a dog into something it's not.

Guest akaspecials

I've done quite a bit of research and that's why I'm open to anything that I mentioned above. I don't have my mind set on going just one way with a dog and just wanted to see what was out there. I know that what I do end up getting will determine what I do with it. I'm not going to try and turn a dog into something it's not.

My apologies then jmax and that's good to hear. Good luck with the search.

Would you be interested in a 10 year old gsp. I have one that needs a good home. He still has a lot of hunting in him.