huntingchic87

Corrupt SD Card

Went up north this weekend to pull my SD Card, looked at all the 700+ pictures and had some nice coyotes, two Bucks and a ton of cow elk. I was so excited to share the pictures but the SD card has been corrupted and I lost them all. What a bummer! anyone know of a good free recovery software?

I have had this happen as well. I was told that if you view them with a camera it can reformat the SD card to a different format your computer cant read. That's about as much computer knowledge that I know. Hopefully someone else can be a little more tech savvy than I

• Like 1

Are you using microSD cards by chance?

What did you use to view them in the field, the camera itself or another device?

I switched to microSDs to view and save pics in the field on my old smart phone, and since, certain devices (older nikon digital camera for instance) won't recognize the files are even on the card. The computer would ultimately recognize them without any problem though, so hopefully it's just a file reading issue and the content it still there. I wouldn't try any reformatting until you've exhausted all other options!

Here is a thread that may have some insight if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/20748-recover-eraseddeleted-images/

That really stinks!!! Good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks CouesPursuit! I will check it out and try it! I used another canon camera to view the pictures in the field. I have never had problems until this time! There were some good pictures on it too!

It worked!! Thanks CouesPursuit!!

here is a few of my favorite so far!

Awesome!! Happy to help, great photos!