COOSEFAN

4th Gen Dodge Owners? Let's see em'!

Howdy all, it's too late to change my mind or change my add-on's but I currently have a 2015 Dodge Ram 2500 being built. I researched as much as I could stand it online and basically picked out the truck, lift, tires and wheels without ever seeing any of it in person and that's pretty scary! I still haven't even seen the stock truck! Fingers are crossed it all comes out OK, will find out next week!

My current truck is an '04 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi, 6" lift w/37' kevlar MTR's. Aside from sinking it in a "puddle" in MX and having to buy a new engine, my current truck has been amazing and has never gotten stuck or broke down (even with damaged engine from the "puddle" incident it drove me home)!

Because of my experience with my current truck I decided to stick with Dodge and the same engine, even got same color but not really by choice! I went with a Pro Comp 4" with 35" Terra Graps wrapped on 18x9" Fuel Kranks. Truck is gonna be crazy shiny but I'll have no problem scratching it up quick!

Who else has a 4th generation Dodge? Post up pics or thoughts on how you like it, things to get, things to watch out for, etc! Thanks! JIM>

• Like 2

Jim, one thing about the 18" wheels... extremely limited on tire options. I basically HAVE to run Terra Grapplers on my truck, which is no big deal, I like them but they were NOT cheap.

Love my Ram. Not answering ur question but have an 07 2500 with the last of the 5.9 cummins. Have just over 100k on it and other than general maint the only thing gone out was the A/C compressor and water pump (water pump covered under warranty). Been tempted to get a new one but why? Just gettin broke in! You'll have a bad butt truck.

My 2015 4x4 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi 6 speed ready for the hunt!

2 1/2" leveling kit with Bilstein shocks.

325/65r18 BFG KO-2 Tires almost 35"

Fuel Throttle wheels.

Bushwhacker Pocket Fender Flares!

This is my work Horse . No Diesels for me to heavy and way to noisy for hunting!

Thanks Jim for the excuse! I been a dying to post a pic!

post-2797-0-77025400-1428806878_thumb.jpg

post-2797-0-36556000-1428807118_thumb.jpg

post-2797-0-68627800-1428807320_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sir Royal, you and I were almost twins! I had a white 5.7 found back east but the deal fell thru so jumped on a black one that was found closer. I even almost went with the same rims but couldn't decide so I closed my eyes and just picked one! Your truck looks awesome! Not that I'm too worried about it as I know it's not great, but what MPG are you getting? Thanks, JIM>

Sir Royal, do you remember or know what the offset was on your rims?

Casey, I didn't research the tires very much, I just know several folks who have gotten great mileage out of those Nittos. I almost went with the 20's but that's 2" less air cushion to ride on! I'm sure this 2500 is gonna ride a lot stiffer than my 1500, need all the air cushion I can get, probably should've went with smaller but they don't look as good! JIM>

I just realized I said I'm getting the "Terra Grapplers" but I've actually got the "Trail Grapplers". I was able to get them for quite a bit cheaper than the Toyo's but I do like those!

I've loved my Kevlar MTR's but this truck will see a lot more pavement than my last so had to find something that lasts longer.

• Like 1

I drove out to the dealership today and saw my truck for the first time! Still on the trailer but hopefully in my driveway by next Tuesday with the makeover complete!

image_zpsfwdhpvem.jpg

image_zpssmbghgjr.jpg

• Like 1

Mileage averages 14.5 . But I pull a trailer 2 or 3 times a week so it drops!

This took me several months to figure out that Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 8 lug from the factory is a -45 offset. I went a zero offset which moved the wheel out about 2.4 inches. With a bigger lift I could have gone to a +12mm.

I'll let you young guys climb up into a 6" lifted truck! I'm 6'5 and 300 lbs and with my leveling kit alone it's a giant step for me to get in my truck. It had a 2.5 rake on it and it was UGLY!!!

So looking for steps now and a few other goodies!

That's going to be a good looking truck Jim! You'll be hitting the car wash every week! I AM!

Thanks, 14.5 is better than I thought! I was getting around 9-10 mpg with my last truck!

I think you meant to say "+"45 offset on factory. The "-" offsets are pushing away from the truck. I went with the 18x9 with a -12mm offset but was wanting them to sit flush or just barely outside the outer edge of the fender flares. After looking at yours I'm guessing mine will definitely be sitting outside that edge more than i had expected. I like the wider stance but with a black truck and exposed rock throwin' tread it's a bad deal! Plus I'm having them install the factory fender flares which don't stick out and protect as well as Bushwackers would have. Oh well, it'll look cool but I may be having to spray Rhino Lining on the lower half of my truck! Ha!

And YES, carwashes will be a weekly event i'm sure, at least until I get it scratched up enough that it doesn't matter! :P

Jim,

If you rotate the CRAP out of those Nittos they will last for ever. I don't remember the EXACT number but I think my first set lasted 55,000 or 56,000 on a 500+ hp Turbo diesel... Of course, i was single, no wife no kids so getting them rotated once a month was no big deal.I just had to buy two new rear ones (one caught a large nail, the other was low enough Discount advised replacing it) after d guess less then 25,000-30,000 due to hardly ever getting them rotated

• Like 1